Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Indiana Multigun Series

Oh yes, one more rule change. We are no longer allowing pistol caliber carbines.Also, no steel core or tracer ammo will be allowed at either ACC or Wildcat from now on as well.

Edited by Jon Fuhrman

It's a "unfair" advantage at the closer ranges in Atlanta, and a safety concern at the long distance at Wildcat. Although, the signal targets we used last year had holes thru the flash cards..... That are 2ft above the target..... How you dont know your holds 200 and 300 yards i will never know, as those really aren't that far...

It's a "unfair" advantage at the closer ranges in Atlanta, and a safety concern at the long distance at Wildcat. Although, the signal targets we used last year had holes thru the flash cards..... That are 2ft above the target..... How you dont know your holds 200 and 300 yards i will never know, as those really aren't that far...

Long distance at Wildcat... 200 and 300 yards...does this mean the matches at Wildcat have rifle targets out to 300 yards? I hope so, that would be sweet, and make that long drive a little easier to sell.

I think the 200 vs 300 is kind of weather related. First one last year there was a dusting of snow and we just did a few targets @ 200 but it keeps you honest. Its a big challenge for the AimPoint crowd shooting carbines. Even moreso @ 300. I tried a SBR @ 300 and it was a big fail for me a couple years back. BUT at Atlanta a carbine is an advantage over longer rifles.

Edit to add when I say "carbine" I mean a carbine length 223 AR not a pistol cal. I agree 100% in excluding them by rule just so someone does not have a bad day trying to use one at the Wildcat.

Edited by Kent Grewe

Jon,

I think dropping the lowest 3 is an excellent arrangement. Invariably there will be a match or two that someone can't attend because of work or other conflicts. I am looking forward to this. :cheers:

Thanks for putting this together. I hope I will have some free time to donate to building props and setting up. I know it is a lot of work.

• 5 months later...