Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Empty chamber reload, SLP jamming , me or the gun?

Kyreb

To those wanting pictures, I will tear it down for cleaning after the match and get some pictures up soon.

I'd like to better understand where you removed material. I'm not clear on that. I've got this gun too, and while I haven't had any FTF I haven't done much work on it yet. When I do, I want to be sure that I don't run into the same problem that you had.

Thanks for sharing this the group. You're going to save a lot of us a bunch of aggravation.

I just cleaned up and slightly beveled and polished the edges of the chamber from about 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock as you are looking at the barrel. Shot my SX3 in a match yesterday and the slugs and shot fed great with no jams. Did have one double feed on the slugs, might be the mag spring is still a little too strong. If it happens again I might cut a couple of more coils off it. I have a Briley ext. to make 10 plus 1.

Edited by gerritm

SLP ran great in the match this weekend. Over the courses I fired six slugs (all mixed brands and weights) and about 50 rounds of shot (again all mixed brands and shot charges). Not FTF or any other problems at all.

Pictures as requested.

For Dremel session #3, this area between scissors blades was where I concentrated on grinding and polishing.

Houston-20111211-00068.jpg

Finished product

IMG-20111211-00065.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and input! Rick

Edited by Kyreb

• 4 weeks later...