Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm 5.25 California legal?

kimberacp

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

It's not legal due to mag capacity, as far as I know. There are no 10-round magazines available from the OEM. I wouldn't even be able to possess my own gun on a trip to California. :goof:

Edited by ErichF

WHY is the XDm NOT California legal? Why didn't SA submit it to DOJ? Thats a really nice pistol!!!!!!

thanks

just venting my frustrations with this state... :angry2:

Why don't you call Springfield? If enough people expressed interest, they'd probably submit it. But, for all I know they may have already and the tests aren't done.

There is no mag disconnect. Can not be DOJ approved. The XD was introduced before the mag disconnect requirement and is grandfathered along with a lot of other guns. There are ways to get the XDm in Ca, by way of the single shot exemption.

and blocking the standard cap mags to only 10 rounds. Please visit calguns.net to find out specific information and FFL's for the single shot exemption.

No problem Dave, living in a free state now one will tend to forget about our insane gun laws.

Kimberacp, check in the handgun section or the FFL section or the legal section in Calguns. There is a whole section some where on how to go about the single shot exemption. Or as they say use the search function.

Single shot exemption, the way I heard it is that if you have a gun with a barrel lenght of over 7.5" and can only be fired

single shot at a time, you can sell it in Ca without being on the approved DOJ roster list.

Once you buy the gun with a 7.5" barrel and a single shot mag set up, you take it home and put the factory barrel which the FFL gives you, in it and the regular mags. Not against the law for the new owner to modify his gun. Most FFL's will take the 7.5" barrel back and use it for the next sale. Really only works (price wise) for popular pistols which the FFL's have had 7.5" barrels made up. If they pass a BS law, the gun owners will find a way around it. Look at the Off List Lowers Ca gun owners figured out how to get in CA. No one said our anti-gun liberal political class was that smart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...