Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A new 9 Pro revision with Apex-like trigger?

kreativecid

Thinking of going back to Production and the M&P9L is 1 of 2 candidates (had one last year with Apex sear and block, sold it due to long trigger which has been addressed by Apex obviously). Read online the 9L is discontinued. Called a few shops in case they had one laying around. Nope. All 9Pro.

Without starting any drama or spreading rumors, and maybe I'm the last to know since being out of the Production loop for a year, the S&W rep said there is a new revised 9Pro coming out with a stock trigger feel, action, weight and reset that addresses the issues owners have when going to Apex. Available in a few months. Of course it's his job to market and hype S&W firearms.

"No need for the Apex kits with the new Pro trigger."

The gun shop basically said "you can buy this Pro here or online but I'd wait for the revised trigger. Completely different gun. Go online and maybe you can find some info trickling in."

I can't hence this post. Any info on a revised 9Pro that has a great stock trigger?

I've heard that Randy Lee at Apex has been pushing hard to get his FSS in as a factory option. If so, that will make it legal for production for everyone who has already installed it (after what, 2,000 units?). Hopefully this means he has been successful.

It will look like this.

IMG_3934_resize.JPG

Called every shop looking for the 9L. Futile. The last shop employee I spoke to said they just completed a armorer's course with the 4-state S&W rep who said there will not be a Apex-like 9 Pro due to liability reasons. Sending out a lighter quicker more comp ready 9mm isn't in the cards.

I just completed that course and the info I was told about the "trigger revisions" was to enhance the tactile reset.

I was also told the 9L is out of the lineup. They may still produce it, but only for contract purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that Randy Lee at Apex has been pushing hard to get his FSS in as a factory option. If so, that will make it legal for production for everyone who has already installed it (after what, 2,000 units?). Hopefully this means he has been successful.

It will look like this.

IMG_3934_resize.JPG

Looks sorta like a Glock wannabe!