Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Match, Augusta, GA 11/26/11

Results posted: http://csrapistol.com/MultiGun/Pinetucky_3gun_091512.htm

Thanks to everyone for coming out. We're still learning and made a few more mistakes to add to our "Don't do that $#!^ again" list:

1. Two stages on the rifle range was too much. Unless we get more bays built before the next match (Saturday after Thanksgiving) it will be 2 big, all-3 gun stages on the rifle and pistol ranges with 1 or two shotgun only stages.
  2. Many newer competitors timed out because it took them too long to reload the shotgun on Stage 2. I'll consider having less reloads on all-3 gun stages next time.
  3. Too many bonus targets on the shotgun only stage resulted in that one stage affecting the match outcome more than it should have.
  4. Too long without lunch plans. In the future if we can expect that we will go past 2:00 we will make arrangements for lunch.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome.

Had a great time, thanks for putting it on. There is a great need for multi gun practice matches to tune up for big matches. I really enjoyed the high round count stages :) As I will never make a 3 gun nation shoot off, I think it would be cool to have a stage like one. Pistol, shoot an array of poppers, Rifle plate rack at 50-75 yards and a shotgun speed shoot with clays. Could be a stage or man on man after either way you know it would be a blast !!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results posted: http://csrapistol.co...3gun_091512.htm

Thanks to everyone for coming out. We're still learning and made a few more mistakes to add to our "Don't do that $#!^ again" list:

1. Two stages on the rifle range was too much. Unless we get more bays built before the next match (Saturday after Thanksgiving) it will be 2 big, all-3 gun stages on the rifle and pistol ranges with 1 or two shotgun only stages.
  2. Many newer competitors timed out because it took them too long to reload the shotgun on Stage 2. I'll consider having less reloads on all-3 gun stages next time.
  3. Too many bonus targets on the shotgun only stage resulted in that one stage affecting the match outcome more than it should have.
  4. Too long without lunch plans. In the future if we can expect that we will go past 2:00 we will make arrangements for lunch.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome.

Had a great time, thanks for putting it on. There is a great need for multi gun practice matches to tune up for big matches. I really enjoyed the high round count stages :) As I will never make a 3 gun nation shoot off, I think it would be cool to have a stage like one. Pistol, shoot an array of poppers, Rifle plate rack at 50-75 yards and a shotgun speed shoot with clays. Could be a stage or man on man after either way you know it would be a blast !!!!

+1 on the shoot off style stage.

Mike, really had fun at this one even though it was long. Wish we could have these more regularly as it looks like ill probably be working during the nov. match. Thanks again for hosting and running the match.

Mac

+1. Thanks Mike. I really enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

Are you still holding the match next weekend? If so any idea on the round count and types of stages? There is a group from the sav area that will be attending again if its a go

Big Jim , it's a go. From what I gather it will be four stages. One stage on rifle range, one on pistol range and two on shotgun fields.If I am wrong maybe HLG will chime in and set us straight. We are trying to set it up where there will not be a bottleneck.

I think will even cut ya'll some slack and not shoot my custom optics SKS, thinking iron sight SKS :goof:

It would take more than a chime to set you guys straight...I'm thinking more like a gong!

Dewey and Mark are designing the 2 full 3-gun stages so I'll let them disclose their round counts.

I cna say there will be less than 80 rounds of rifle, less than 80 rounds of pistol, and close to 50 rounds of birdshot. No slugs this time and no steel targets for rifle so if you have steel core rifle ammo you need to burn, this would be a good day to do it.

Sign up at 8:30, shooters meeting at 8:45, and start shooting at 9:00. We plan to be done around 2:00 this time so we aren't making any arrangements for lunch. If you are slender like me and need to eat before 2:00, bring some snacks. $20 entry, $10 for Pinetucky members and active duty military.

Thanks for putting on the match! All the Sav area guys had a blast(pun intended)! The stages were fun, challenging, and everything seemed to flow well. I'm probably one of the few who actually liked the pallets. They may show up at our match sometime.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for putting on the match! All the Sav area guys had a blast(pun intended)! The stages were fun, challenging, and everything seemed to flow well. I'm probably one of the few who actually liked the pallets. They may show up at our match sometime.

I know this is a little late, Big Jimmy, but any of you and your posse coming up to Augusta 3 G tomorrow?

Yes he did. Andrew you shot great man. Mark and Dewey,

Nice design on the stages. I really liked the shorter stages and reduced round counts.

Thanks, already thinking about stage design for the next one. However, getting creative is difficult , considering the range bay restrictions. But, we will try to keep it fun and challenging. Tip of the hat to all those that helped setup and tear down.

When is the next one?

June 15th I believe. There is a match every quarter: June, September, and then the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Also, I have heard from multiple people that Palmetto State Armory in Columbia SC is trying to get some 3-gun matches going, so there may be some good news for our area soon. We are starving for 3-gun matches around here.

Thanks much. Are the matches on a particular day in the quarter? I've checked the calendar on the website but can seem to find it on there. I'll put them on the calendar. And yes, slim picken's on 3G in the area. Southeast Practical Shooter Association in Fernandina Beach, FL is hosting one 3/30/13 if your interested. Just over the state line in FL. Usually 5 stages.

The pinetucky website calendar is pretty unreliable. The dates are June 15th, Sept. 21st, and Nov 23.

I'm going to see about making it to the SEPSA match at the end of the month. I'll be in the area anyways with family.

Thanks much. Are the matches on a particular day in the quarter? I've checked the calendar on the website but can seem to find it on there. I'll put them on the calendar. And yes, slim picken's on 3G in the area. Southeast Practical Shooter Association in Fernandina Beach, FL is hosting one 3/30/13 if your interested. Just over the state line in FL. Usually 5 stages.