Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There's very little hair left on the top of my head and it's started to thin on the sides. Even more annoying is that as the grey has come it, it's creating a cow lick on both sides of my head that makes it look like I am growing wings.

I keep it fairly short but got sick of it this weekend and took the beard trimmer and buzz cut it down as far as I can. But I really want to take it down futher. I don't want to have to shave it, yet, so I'm looking for options. I've seen a few so called stubble trimmers but want to ask if anyone knows of a really good solution.

Edited by Graham Smith

I cut my husband's hair with a clipper made by Wahl. Comes with different plastic clip-on attachments, with the shortest being 1/8". The metal blade that's on the clipper is also adjustable - that'll take it real short (probably as close as you can get without shaving cream & a razor cut).

I cut my husband's hair with a clipper made by Wahl. Comes with different plastic clip-on attachments, with the shortest being 1/8". The metal blade that's on the clipper is also adjustable - that'll take it real short (probably as close as you can get without shaving cream & a razor cut).

That's what I use. I run it with none of the plastic guards installed.

That's what I use. I run it with none of the plastic guards installed.

I use the 1/4" with Matt....don't think he's ready for shorter yet :P:D

Not sure exactly your question. But you can go to walmart and pick up a haircut trimmer set from wahl. They have different size clipper attachments

I already have a hair/bead trimmer like you describe but it only goes down to a certain point. It can be used without the guard, but that's pretty rough to use on a scalp. I was looking for something along the lines of a beard "stubble trimmer". Just wondered if anyone used one and had a suggestion.

Not sure exactly your question. But you can go to walmart and pick up a haircut trimmer set from wahl. They have different size clipper attachments

I already have a hair/bead trimmer like you describe but it only goes down to a certain point. It can be used without the guard, but that's pretty rough to use on a scalp. I was looking for something along the lines of a beard "stubble trimmer". Just wondered if anyone used one and had a suggestion.

What I am talking about is for hair. It has no guard. Just like the one the barber uses. I shave my head with it. Much more surface area then your beard trimmer most likely also.

I have something like this that I used to trim my beard and I used the lowest setting on my hair. I use it without the guard on my neck before shaving if I have let that go too far, but as rough as that is, I would never use that on my scalp. Someone point me to the Norelco QT4022 which looks like what I might be looking for. I'll check it out at local stores.

I have something like this that I used to trim my beard and I used the lowest setting on my hair. I use it without the guard on my neck before shaving if I have let that go too far, but as rough as that is, I would never use that on my scalp. Someone point me to the Norelco QT4022 which looks like what I might be looking for. I'll check it out at local stores.

If your's is rough, it probably needs adjusted (with a screw driver).