Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

light contour or medium

fastarget

been looking at the Loki 3G or JP CTR2, on the JP you can get it in light contour or medium barrel.

I know the weight is approx 5 oz difference(from search), is one more durable, anybody test either for heat induced issues , which is really prefered and what are the advantages disadvanges, specifically for the CTR.

How does it compare to the Loki 3G?

Loki offers a limited lifetime warranty, anyone know what JP offers?

Edited by fastarget

I shoot a CTR02 and have heat sink added on. It gets hot but the sink seems to cool it at a faster rate. The supermatch barrels are also cryo treated. JP's are purpose built. As for warrenty. Take a look at the website. I'll quote him here,

"I also have a rather old fashioned idea about "customer satisfaction." You'll notice that we don't have any fancy fine print guarantees with our products. My policy is simple: if you're not happy, I'm not happy. I only guarantee one thing, your satisfaction. Ask one of our customers. They're our best salespeople."

Good Shooting!

John Paul

President

JP Enterprises, Inc."

Jay

Jay,

what barrel is your JP equipped with, which handguard ? Before you went JP what other rifles did you have experience with?

Loki and JP seem to have the same customer satisfacction policy, I like that.

Others prior, dpms heavy and a rock river heavy. Those feel real awkward now after using the JP. The ballance is outstading.

Current

JP Supermatch™ Barrel

Chamber: .223

Length: 18"

Gas system: rifle-length

Twist: 1:8 button rifled

Contour: .650 under hand guard/.875 in front of gas block

Diameter at gas block: .936

Muzzle threads: 1/2-28tpi

Crown: 11 degree

Material: 416 Stainless

Weight: 35oz

I run a standard JP rifle length tube.

Jay

Jay,

what barrel is your JP equipped with, which handguard ? Before you went JP what other rifles did you have experience with?

Loki and JP seem to have the same customer satisfacction policy, I like that.

Others prior, dpms heavy and a rock river heavy. Those feel real awkward now after using the JP. The ballance is outstading.

Current

JP Supermatch™ Barrel

Chamber: .223

Length: 18"

Gas system: rifle-length

Twist: 1:8 button rifled

Contour: .650 under hand guard/.875 in front of gas block

Diameter at gas block: .936

Muzzle threads: 1/2-28tpi

Crown: 11 degree

Material: 416 Stainless

Weight: 35oz

I run a standard JP rifle length tube.

Jay

Medium profile, what I am looking for is good balance, pointability and durability. Sounds good.

JP supports our game-always has-never seen Loki doing that. Buy JP...period.

Loki is a sponsor of this board youre writing on.

For being the kinda new kid on the block; Loki has stepped up in a big way to support multigun. They have are taking care of some multigun shooters, was/is an inaugural sponsor of the Rockcastle Pro-Am, One or two other matches from earlier this year (Larue maybe?), And They just sponsored the AR sectional multigun match.

JP is a great company, but I dont want anyone to think that Loki isnt doing the right things for a company that deserves mention on Brians forum. They are.

JP supports our game-always has-never seen Loki doing that. Buy JP...period.

Loki is a sponsor of this board youre writing on.

For being the kinda new kid on the block; Loki has stepped up in a big way to support multigun. They have are taking care of some multigun shooters, was/is an inaugural sponsor of the Rockcastle Pro-Am, One or two other matches from earlier this year (Larue maybe?), And They just sponsored the AR sectional multigun match.

JP is a great company, but I dont want anyone to think that Loki isnt doing the right things for a company that deserves mention on Brians forum. They are.

No doubt both reat companies and both are supporting the sport. I have spoken to E. Davis from Loki and they are quite customer oriented as well as JP.

So to be redundant, and realistically which company has the better rifle and why.