Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Limited this weekend

Dan Hefta

Hey All,

My trusty Glock 24 is out getting hard chrome so I can't shoot it this weekend at PIPS Holloween Fall Classic Match. So I thought to myself, hey I have that G27 carry gun, that would be fun to shoot in Limited. At least all of my shooting buds will think it's funny, I am going to put a magwell on it and use my 20 round Limited mags... should be fun. I won't be that competitive with it but I did start shooting just for fun.... So this will be just for fun too. :cheers:

You probably know this, but just a reminder. Since it's your carry gun, make sure you go to the unloading station first, before going to the safety area. It would suck to get DQ'd even before the shooter's meeting by handling a loaded mag, or popping a round out of the chamber at the safety area.

Edited by Skydiver

You probably know this, but just a reminder. Since it's your carry gun, make sure you go to the unloading station first, before going to the safety area. It would suck to get DQ'd even before the shooter's meeting by handling a loaded mag, or popping a round out of the chamber at the safety area.

I will be carrying my Kel Tech PF9 and my G27 will be cased... no brain farts from me! :roflol:

I will be carrying my Kel Tech PF9 and my G27 will be cased... no brain farts from me! :roflol:

Yes, I reserve my brain farts for when the buzzer goes. :lol:

What mag well are you going to use on a 27 and how are you going to keep it from falling off?

I have a plastic magwell made by Magloc, it fits my G27 pretty good, as you will see in the photo it only wraps around three sides of the grip. I did drill a small hole in the base of the grip to secure it... I know "YOU DID WHAT!!!!" I never sell my guns and the hole is barely noticable.

post-13920-0-65464700-1319846593_thumb.j

post-13920-0-79019200-1319846621_thumb.j

Wish you would have said something Dan. I have a "proper" Limited gun you could have borrowed. I'm not shooting tomorrow, going to the Gopher for breakfast.

Bruce, I thought you were going to offer me a 2011 not another Glock!!! :roflol: Thanks for the offer, this is going to be a lot of fun, besides I don't shoot my carry gun enough under match pressure so the experience will be very valuable.

How do you like that ZEV Tech magwell? I've been looking for a good magwell for the Gen 4.

I shoot very well quickly with smaller Glocks than I do extended slides so you should have a blast with that 27!

CM

I finished the match, 4th OA in Limited... the short barell and grip hurt me on the longer shots, overall I was happy with how I shot the match... I definately have more confidence with this gun being my carry gun, I highly recommend shooting your carry gun at a fun match... Clearing a moving texas star at 50 feet with only seven shots definately boosted my confindence with this little Glock. :cheers: Is it going to replace my G24 for Limited........NOT!!!! :roflol:

Congrats! I bet there is also some bragging points to be had since you finished so well overall compared others who had the benefits of a full size Limited gun.

A side question: since this is your carry gun, I'm guessing that it had night sights on it. Did you find the bigger dots on the night sights helping or hindering?

Bruce, I thought you were going to offer me a 2011 not another Glock!!! :roflol: Thanks for the offer, this is going to be a lot of fun, besides I don't shoot my carry gun enough under match pressure so the experience will be very valuable.

I saw Steve Z for a brass swap earlier this morning. I had a 24 with me that I was going to send along with him for you.

I classified production with my little 26.

Congrats! I bet there is also some bragging points to be had since you finished so well overall compared others who had the benefits of a full size Limited gun.

A side question: since this is your carry gun, I'm guessing that it had night sights on it. Did you find the bigger dots on the night sights helping or hindering?

The sights were easy to pickup (almost seemed easier than the long slide, could be my old eyes) It was a challenge with the long steel but I adapted quickly. The funny thing about today was not too many shooters noticed that I was shooting a mini Glock. If it were more of a hoser style match? I think I could have won... Fun stuff! :cheers:

I saw Steve Z for a brass swap earlier this morning. I had a 24 with me that I was going to send along with him for you.

I classified production with my little 26.

Steven told me he met you... I am glad that I used my G27 though. I think that when I get my G24 back from hard chrome, I will be in love and not want to shoot anything else for quite a while. Later :cheers: