Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New carbonfiber handguards

45shooter

Lancer has introduced a new carbon fiber handguard. I saw a few guys were looking for one on here. It is a free floattube and can be had with or without cooling/attachment slots. Super lightweight and can be had in a variety of lengths from sbr to super long. I think they will even custom cut lengths for you if you order a few if them. I have been beating on one for about six months and it works great. Even with barricade stops and my larger frame hammering on them they show no damage. They are also a big supporter of the sport and have sponsored most major matches.

I saw these at the Topton 3-gun match when Lancer brought them out. They are really nice and the fit and finish is top-notch. These guys do a lot in terms of sponsorship, I picked up some of there mags from the prize table I was so impressed, I bought several more and that is all I run now.

• 2 weeks later...

nice looking guards, I like the cooling slots. How much work will the nut instal be? Too bad no rail on top of the nut, my optics seem half on the upper and part over the nut.

it looks like they fit into the slots somehow. Probably pretty easy with the guard removed from the rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the faceted tube but the heavy barrel nut kinda kills the lightweight aspect, no? Sure its not as heavy as an aluminum tube overall, but does the nut have to be so clunky? I just bought the AP tube and its attachment system is much more minimalistic and thus lighter. It does seem quite well made and the attention to detail is very finished (the slots all look to have chamfered edges).