Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35

overunder

Just a few months ago I purchased a Glock 35 with the intent to use it in IDPA/USPSA compititions. After shooting the pistol I'm just not a huge fan of the gun. It works fine I'm just don't care for the size. ... I want some recondmendations for a different pistols mostly used for IDPA matches. ...

Edited by Flexmoney

I love the Glock 34 (as I'm sure you know, basically your gun but in 9mm instead of .40), and I carried one almost every day for five or six years. Along the way I used it to get my SSP Master rank. But eventually I went to the G17 for carry and match use - and just a few weeks ago switched that over to a Gen-4 and socked the Gen-3 away in the gun safe - because in my testing I found I could shoot the G17 just as well as the G34. If you like the basic Glock design but want something smaller that's where I would point you.

I'd give it a little more time. I shoot mine in:

IDPA ESP

IDPA SSP

USPSA Production

USPSA Limited

USPSA 3-Gun

IMGA 3-Gun

In my opinion, it is the most versatile pistol out there. I load Major and Minor Bullets for mine and I have 3 sets of six mags with different basepads. Only thing I have to do is change guiderods and take on/off the magwell depending on what I am shooting.

That being said, the M&P is a fine weapon and may fit your hand better.

Edited by prreed10

• 2 months later...

Shot my G34 for years in IDPA until my wife decided to shoot. She tried my XD, M&P Pro, 9mm 1911, and finally settled on my G34. I tried shooting the M&P but just can't get comfortable with it so building up a G35 to replace the G34. My wife is 5'3" with very small hands and felt the G34 was easiest to shoot.