Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What M&P Pro spare parts to keep on hand?

midvalleyshooter

I just started to run a M&P Pro in the local matches. Last Sunday was the first time out with it and it worked well. I have been running a G34 and the M&P felt like the Glock except for me the M&P feels better in the hand and points better. Also an added benefit is I do not have to shift my grip to hit the mag release.

What parts should I keep on hand for maintenance or possible breakage?

Thanks,

Keith

I would recommend:

• Striker assembly
  • Slide stop assembly
  • Takedown lever retaining spring (not likely to break but easy to lose)

I have ended up swapping to extra power striker springs on all of my M&Ps.

I would also suggest keeping an eye on the sights...several people have lost them on new Pros (I had the original front sight fall out of one of mine).

If you ever start having failures to reset, look into / check if you have the older model with the smaller sear plunger and spring.

If you haven't tried them yet, the Apex sear and firing pib block are great, as is their forward set sear and trigger kit.

Looking for a spare striker assembly, found Midway USA shows them not in stock with an expected delivery date of 02/04/2012!!!

Strikers are starting to look like "The Great White Buffalo"

We received 100 yesterday from a 6 month backorder, we may have one or two left after filling backorders.

Looking for a spare striker assembly, found Midway USA shows them not in stock with an expected delivery date of 02/04/2012!!!

Strikers are starting to look like "The Great White Buffalo"

We received 100 yesterday from a 6 month backorder, we may have one or two left after filling backorders.

Well, I just now whipped out the Visa and ordered one from you guys. Keeping my fingers crossed you have one left over!

If it is a spring then I try to order one for a spare. I also believe that you should upgrade to a extra power striker spring. I have seen several M&P's that do have trigger kit's and 2 without the trigger kits get a light primer strike.

I haven't seen anything else go bad yet or break that needed to be replaced on any of my M&P's.

If you have Fiber Optic sights then I would keep an extra length of fiber available.

I was having light primer strikes in my 9MM Pro. Want2Race suggested I go to a 13 lb. recoil spring. I did and that took care of the the light strikes.

Sorry, off topic but...stock recoil spring is 16#. I would think if anything going with a lighter recoil spring would make problem worse. In any case are we saying the striker hitting the primer is causing the slide to move rearward taking some of the energy out of the primer strike? Pretty hard to believe.

Cool! I had ordered a few when they happened to be out of stock. Do I need to reorder?

No, if you had one/some on backorder it shipped yesterday. Lacey does a LOT better job than I ever did keeping track of stuff like that.

I actually keep a spare part for every internal piece of the pro in my toolbox, including spare fibers for the front sight. Nothing worse than paying for and/or traveling to a match and having to bow out due to a part failure. Cheap insurance.