Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers in L10 in USPSA

slughammer

If I sign up for a local match in Revolver Division, is it ok to ask the match director to move me to L10 if there are less than 3 shooters signed up for revolver? Last year I found that I was by myself in revolver division, and I'd rather shoot with some competition.

I'm using my speed rig and my seven reloads are spread from left front pocket to right front pocket so Production is out of the question. I've reviewed Appendix D8 in the new rulebook and I see nothing in there that would prohibit me from doing so. (Just needs to be above .40 for major PF).

Would it be wrong to ask that my classifier still be sent to HQ for Revolver Division?

For club match level purposes, I don't see anything wrong with it. I'd ask the MD about the classifier thing though. If it were me, I'd say o.k.

Love to see wheelguns at IPSC matches REGARDLESS of what division their in. ;)

Thanks, it would be for club level matches and would enable me to get more revolver classifiers while keeping my L10 classifiers free from contamination. I'll run the idea past the match director.

Although the USPSA classification system is not my field of expertise, I suggest that you run the idea past USPSA HQ, rather than a Match Director.

I could be wrong but, while shooting a revolver in Limited/L10 is not a problem if you comply with the equipment rules, I suspect any classifiers you shoot while doing so will only give you a Limited/L10 classification (not a revolver classification), because classifications are based on the division you shoot, not the gun you use to shoot them.

If I've got this wrong, somebody spank me :ph34r:

I'd say that Vince is on target.

Now if I can just be on target when I have a bloody gun in my hand ....... :(

Since we haven't seen the Determinator's most famous quote recently: Pick one AND Practice! --- Steve Anderson, 2003.

When I shoot my SIG 210-6, I suffer from "hammer bite" because it's got a small beavertail and I've got chubby hands, so the web of my hand gets in the way. So, when I shoot it, you hear:

BANG! OUCH! BANG! OUCH! BANG! OUCH! BANG! OUCH! BANG! OUCH! :(

Then again, the gun is soooooooo accurate, it's like shooting a rifle with a 4" barrel.

When I shoot my SIG 210-6, I suffer from "hammer bite" because it's got a small beavertail and I've got chubby hands...

They make this cool new tool now, called a dremel. Equipped with the proper grinding/sanding attachments, hammer spurs can be shortened and recontoured to make the gun comfortable to shoot ---- unless you're shooting production of course. Then there's always tupperware prefection.... :lol::lol:

They make this cool new tool now, called a dremel.

Nik, old son, do you realise it's a felony in 27 countries to even clean a SIG 210-6 unless the cloth has been approved by the FDA, checked for infection by the CDC and blessed by the leaders of at least six religions?

This is not your garden-variety handgun. I'm talking about the creme de la creme of handguns. I'm talking about US$3,000 for a single-stack, single-action gun with the magazine release at the base of the grip. I'm talking about the Rolls-Royce of handguns! If it can't shoot a 1" group at 50 yards, they melt it down and turn it into a paperweight.

This is why I live with the pain and the blood. This is also why it's only had 200 rounds through it in 10 years :wacko:

Vince,

Yup, I'm familiar with the exclusivity and expense of the Sig 210. I'm just a firm believer in modifying guns until they fit, or at least until the stop hurting me. Guess that's why I shoot mostly Glocks --- they're not the best lookin' gun to start with, and they're cheap, in case you get carried away. That said --- if someone gave me a 210 as a present and it hurt my hands, I'd either sell it or dremel it....

Come to think of it: what's a new hammer cost for one of those? Can't be more than a Glock, can it? That way one could retain the original hammer for presentation purposes....