Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M & P 45 ACP Mag springs

RWF

i guess i need to look again, the first time i looked all the mag springs were 9, 40, nothing that said 45.

Did you find'em? We do have them in stock but the first time I looked they didn't show up, I just checked again and they were there. I hope our new website fixes this crap.

i guess i need to look again, the first time i looked all the mag springs were 9, 40, nothing that said 45.

Did you find'em? We do have them in stock but the first time I looked they didn't show up, I just checked again and they were there. I hope our new website fixes this crap.

yep, they are there now, i will ordering 7 very soon.

I have had issues in the past with factory springs. For some reason they bend and bind up in the mag well of the 10 round mags. I contacted S&W and then sent me new springs. Tried the new springs and had the exact same problem.

I'm currently deployed so its been a year and was curious if there is an alternative to the factory springs (wolff) or are the new factory springs re-designed in some way or did I just get a bad lot?

Thanks in advance.

What color springs are you having the trouble with? Black is the latest.

I have had issues in the past with factory springs. For some reason they bend and bind up in the mag well of the 10 round mags. I contacted S&W and then sent me new springs. Tried the new springs and had the exact same problem.

I'm currently deployed so its been a year and was curious if there is an alternative to the factory springs (wolff) or are the new factory springs re-designed in some way or did I just get a bad lot?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

well, i was wondering what was going on, but 2 out of my 7 mags did what you said happen to you. just bend over in the mag. i sure SSS has the newest ones out, i will be ordering tomorrow, and if i understand correctly they should be black.

thanks

I've got an early model (one of the first runs) and got the 2 extra mags in the rebate from S&W. I've never had any problems with the springs but a couple of the mags (don't know which ones were the freebies and which came with the gun) do not like having that last round put in at all. They will take the round and feed okay but getting it into the mag is a real bear. The other two are difficult but not near as much. Now I'm afraid to brake them down and look. :ph34r:

got my new springs today, they had purple paint, not black. does this mean anything?

I'm sending back the purple springs. Out of 70 springs 5 were bent and causing follower stick. The black ones are supposed to fix the problem.

I called my contact at S&W and was told that there is no change in the 45 magazine springs regardless of color. I didn't dig that answer so, in the M&P Armorers class today I asked the same question. Answer....there is no change in the specs or dimensions on the 45 mag springs, the different colors are just identifiers for the factory people to tell them which vendor the spring came from. The ones we sent out most recently were Purple, the ones we just received are Green.

Edited by kend

Have the 45c, originally came with purple springs and they bent/deformed where the spring transitioned from the larger overall diameter to the smaller, resulting in the follower sticking in the mag. Smith swapped them out for me and sent green springs. So far, no problems with these...