Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 S&W Bayou Bullets load data for Glock?

The Guy

Hey Guys,

looking for some help working up a load for my Glock 35 limited gun. I've never built a load specifically for a gun or PF before. I've only loaded .45 ammo for target practice. I am looking at using Unique powder and .40 cal 180gr Bayou Bullets. I am using a Lee Classic turret press if that helps any.

any help i could get would be awesome thanks in advance.

I load 4.7gr of Universal at 1.180. You will have to load shorter so you'll easily make major with it. Or "SHOULD" make major with it. Still need to chrono it for your barrel of course.

I just started using Bayou's. Like them a lot. Universal is a little slower and I switched to it when I was shooting lead and moly. Perfect fit with the Bayou's, for me.

My first load was 4.9gr and it was 182-186PF. My Jacketed load was 5.2 and my lead was 4.8, to get 170PF. I've found the "gator snots" to be quite fast through my barrel.

I wish my 1911 was a .40, I'd shoot this load through it too.

5.0gr of Unique at 1.135 OAL gave me a pretty consistent 171-173PF out of both of my Glock 35's with 180gr BBI's. I would give that a try.

The bullet profile is the same, Unique is a pretty safe medium burner and the load isn't anywhere near max with 180's if I remember correctly.

While Unique is not the softest shooting powder, this load was very accurate.

Edited by dsmw5142

was using Precision Bullets over 5.2gr's UNIQUE for awhile. Worked well, but was smokey and had a lot of the coating residue in the barrel. Moved powder down to 4.5gr's and it was much better but not MAJOR PF.

Moved to Zero jacketed bullets (not much more expensive) and Berry's plated....no smoke and 5.2gr's out of my G35 with Lone Wolf barrel are making major PF and grouping into 1.5" at 50 - 75ft (max distance at our indoor range).

Z-

Anybody have load data on this using Bullseye? Ive got a lot of it on hand.

180gn Rainer, 3.4 titegroup, 1.135 OAL

180gn, Rainer, 3.2 bullseye, 1.135 OAL

180gn, laser cast, 3.2 bullseye, 1.135 OAL

180gn, Bayou, bullet, 3.4 titegroup, "

This was all for my G35 for steel shooting

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134493&st=0&p=1512774&fromsearch=1entry1512774

Edited by D roc

4.3 gr Bullseye

WSP

180gr Bayou Bullet

1.135 OAL

Nice, accurate load.

May seem odd, but I also used the following load as well:

4.3gr of Red Dot

WSP

180gr Bayou Bullet

1.135 OAL

Nice and accurate as well. All loads shot from Glock 22 and M&P 40.

Edited by Adam P.

I loaded some 180 Bayou at 3.5gn of BE for my G35 last night and shot them and it was nice. im trying to figure out if i want to keep loading with titegroup or go to bullseye. i couldnt tell how if they were smokey due to weather and shooting at night with lighted range...everything i shot last night was smokey with the lights hitting it. i will list some chrony results when my new one comes in next week.

next i will try some HS-6, WST, N320 (if i can ever find any), and Clays.

• 5 months later...