Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fit bull barrel

juan

You definitely must have the accu-rails installed first then the barrel. Consider getting Doug Jones do them and maybe even get him to do the barrel fit as well. What happens is that the accu-rails pull the slide down on the frame. This causes the lower lugs to be cut shorter. That is fine but it leads to another issue. Para frames are notorious for having the ramp barrel cut made very long where the rounded barrel lug comes to rest on the frame bridge during cycling. It is essential that the barrel lug stop the rearward travel of the barrel with good contact and not the barrel link or pin being used for that purpose. When you pull the slide down, this leads to a shorter link being used. You may need for the frame cut to be welded up and then re-cut to the proper distance for the new link.

I'd have to really like a gun to put that kind of money into it. I would think about selling and finding something else. Loose to you and loose to someone else can be two different things. That is money you won't get back out of the gun if you ever sell it.

Why do you think you need accurails?

My frame and slide fit is super loose and it bothers me.

Does it bother you while shooting it or fondling it? :)

My first limited gun was a para. Was loose but had a bull fit by a good gunsmith and the accuracy was there.

I'd have to really like a gun to put that kind of money into it. I would think about selling and finding something else. Loose to you and loose to someone else can be two different things. That is money you won't get back out of the gun if you ever sell it.

Nobody buys a Para as an investment. It is a tool.

I have seen too many problems with Accurails to ever own a gun with them. My para's have the rails peened down.

Why do you think you need accurails?

My frame and slide fit is super loose and it bothers me.

Does it bother you while shooting it or fondling it? :)

My first limited gun was a para. Was loose but had a bull fit by a good gunsmith and the accuracy was there.

Fondling

Nobody buys a Para as an investment. It is a tool.

I have seen too many problems with Accurails to ever own a gun with them. My para's have the rails peened down.

It is a tool. putting money into something I shoot does not bother me.

Me and my son built a tube framed baja bug from the ground up,

its cheaper to buy one and fix it.then to build it.

I have nothing against paras. My friend shoots one and loves it. I think it is a nice gun. I know with his gun anytime he thinks it is the gun and not him he sits down, shoots a group off a sand bag and gets proven wrong.