Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Watch what needs to be watched

Vince Pinto

At the Mosquito Match a few weeks ago one of my RO's (I was CRO) who was running the shooter with the timer in his hand started picking up speedloaders during the COF.

Kind of like the RO that stopped and picked up Grauffel's magazine during one of the COF's at the last World Shoot..... :blink:

At the Mosquito Match a few weeks ago one of my RO's (I was CRO) who was running the shooter with the timer in his hand started picking up speedloaders during the COF.

Unbelievable. When I hear things like that, I really want to cry.

Kind of like the RO that stopped and picked up Grauffel's magazine during one of the COF's at the last World Shoot.....

<groan> That's the first I've heard of that incident. Is it an Urban Legend or were you told by an eye-witness?

Kind of like the RO that stopped and picked up Grauffel's magazine during one of the COF's at the last World Shoot.....  :blink:

Well, maybe the RO wanted to pick some random ammo for the chrono :blink::blink:

Just kiddin B)

Greetings

Adrie

<groan> That's the first I've heard of that incident. Is it an Urban Legend or were you told by an eye-witness?

Vince, it is on Eric's World Shoot tape. What's really special is that since Eric narrates his runs, he says something like "and here is the nice RO stopping to pick up my magazine" (as he runs around the corner). :huh:

Vince, it is on Eric's World Shoot tape. What's really special is that since Eric narrates his runs, he says something like "and here is the nice RO stopping to pick up my magazine" (as he runs around the corner). :huh:

Yeah, I was groaning when I watched that at BDH's house this weekend. Not only did every one of the RO's at that world shoot catch Eric's ejected round when he was done, one of them picked up his magazine for him while he was shooting the stage. I know we try to assist the shooter, but I think that pushes the envelope for being "RO friendly". ;)

I speculated that they were selling the ejected rounds to Eric groupies. :D

Troy

BDH,

You own me $5. I just saw your new tag-line and I peed my pants. The money is for the dry-cleaning bill :D

It's on Eric's video tape???? Please tell me it wasn't an IROA guy.

Mon Dieu! Sacre Bleu! Merde! Passez vous le plonk, coz je want to get le stoned ................. catching ejected brass is just stupid, but stopping to pick up a magazine during a competitor's attempt at a COF is nothing less than a dereliction of duty.

I'm gonna buy the tape ......... as soon I finish sharpening my axe.

You own me $5. I just saw your new tag-line and I peed my pants. The money is for the dry-cleaning bill :D

Vince, are you familiar with DEPENDS? As one of your IROA brothers, I suggest you go to the site and fill out the 'Living With Incontinence' questionnaire... :P:P:P

I do not catch expended rounds at end of COF. I have better things to do. I can't believe an RO would stop and pick up a mag in the middle of a COF. :huh: I hope to never see an RO locally doing that. I usually let my assistant RO(scorer) read the time as I am giving the U&SC command. I will check again after range clear. I get bored watching flying brass. If the shooter is standing and shooting I will usually watch the action down range. A plate rack or Texas Star can be very entertaining. :P

My copy of Eric's DVD is winging it's way to me, even as I type this.

DVD? Crap, mine is on VHS tape so it looks like I will have to order a new one. I need to make sure I have the best resolution to master my mag pick-up technique! :lol::lol::lol:

Seems that this thread has drifted more than a little bit. Oh yeah, that only applies to when I have a post.

I thought this was about what an RO should be watching, not about Eric's DVD sales.

Jim Norman

Seems that this thread has drifted more than a little bit. Oh yeah, that only applies to when I have a post. I thought this was about what an RO should be watching, not about Eric's DVD sales.

The Topic Title is "Watch what needs to be watched", and discussing an incident where an RO picks up a magazine during a competitor's attempt at a COF is entirely "on topic". The RO should not be watching (and definitely not collecting) discarded magazines.

Hope this helps.

As Vince observed:

....but stopping to pick up a magazine during a competitor's attempt at a COF is nothing less than a dereliction of duty.

Picking up a competitors mags or speedloaders during the course of fire is also a reshoot looking for a place to happen.

I was running a very nice lady through a stage at this year's Area 6 match, who was having a rough time with reloads and steel. When the RO with the clipboard started to pick up one her mags (discarded when fumbled during a reload), I motioned for him to leave alone. Sure enough, when her gun ran dry at the last shooting position, she (very safely) backed up approximately 30 feet to retrieve that same magazine. If it hadn't been there due to the well-intentioned RO's actions, I would have had to order a reshoot.

Mark R., ima45dv8

Mark,

Well done, and thank you. You've given another good reason why an RO should never touch a competitor's equipment during a COF, and I've witnessed identical incidents in the past.