Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC World Shoot 2011

Like any major match, the preliminary results will be biased by the points in the stages shot by each individual, and that can make day to day comparisons difficult. Also adding to the confusion is that 4 or more revolver shooters have already completed the 30 stages, having shot them in the pre-match.

It appears that the closest competition to the US team of Miculek, Walsh, Sweeney, and Griffin will be the German team of Back, Schneider, Knaus, and Rauer. It appears that the Germans and three of the USA team are shooting on the same squad, as both teams have completed stages 13 through 18. That will make it easier to compare day-to-day results.

However, Matt Griffin has not yet gotten any results into the tabulation. It may be that he is shooting on a different schedule than the others on the US team. Or they just hadn't processed his results by this time Tuesday night.

Also, team scores are the best 3 of 4 competitors.

So far, the preliminary results have Team USA ahead of Team Germany by 52 points, 1168 to 1116, based on stages 13 through 18. That group of stages is worth 475 points. Below are the points per contestant, which can be compared on a par basis, as these 7 shooters have all completed the same 6 stages. Unless someone posts a higher hit factor than the stage winner, these points will hold up pretty well.

Jerry Miculek - 436.4328

Sascha Back - 403.8190

Markus Schneider - 388.7415

Cliff Walsh - 388.7397

Pat Sweeney - 343.4096

Guenther Knaus - 323.7481

Dietmar Rauer - 298.0330

Remember, though, that Matt Griffin has not shot any stages. If he posts a higher HF on any of these stages, everyone's points goes down marginally on that stage. The flip side is that Matt may be one of the top 3 US revo shooters, in which case the team points total will actually go up.

There are some individual revo shooters from other countries who can set the HHF for a stage, which would depress everyone's point totals. At present, Jerry has two Firsts, two Seconds, and two Fifth place finishes, to top the US team. Sasha Back came in next, only 30 points behind Jerry. Then came Markus Schneider and Cliff Walsh in a virtual tie. Pat Sweeney was 45 points behind them, and Guenther Knaus was 20 points further back. Dietmar Rauer was another 25 points down, but his total score was the lowest on the German team, so did not count in their total.

Richard Lopez of Ecuador is ahead of Jerry after these 6 stages. However, there is no "Team Ecuador" in contention. Individual honors might be up for grabs, though.

It's going to be an interesting week.

OK. I've been looking through the preliminary results, and see that Squad 51 has got all the U.S. revolver shooters, including Matt Griffin. However, Matt has no scores listed for any of the six stages that the other members of Squad 51 posted yesterday. Does anyone know what the situation is with Matt?

I know about this site, and I was also looking at the IPSC site, which does not have as comprehensive results broken down by team, etc. So far [as of 5 pm Wednesday, Eastern Daylight Savings Time, there were only 6 stages [stages 13 through 18] posted for most of the revolver shooters on the extreme shooters page, and Matt's scores were not posted.

However, the IPSC site has Revolver results for stages 13 through 24, and Matt's results ARE posted for the new day, from stages 19 to 24. It looks as though Matt is shooting close to Jerry's scores for those stages.

Still no sign of what happened to Matt's results from the first day of shooting.

:unsure:

After two days of shooting, with 12 stages completed, it's beginning to look like a horse race between Ricardo Lopez of Ecuador and Jerry Miculek of USA for individual revolver honors.

Jerry has won 4 stages, and come in second on 5 other stages. Those stages, and 2 more, were won by Lopez [who has won 7 stages of the 12]. The only other stage winner was Marcus Schneider of Germany.

No team statistics available at this time. With Matt Griffin in the mix, Revo USA has a bigger edge over Revo Germany, but I don't know by how much. Without Matt's results from the first day, the team preliminaries won't use Matt's scores as yet, but he is on track to be #2 to Jerry on the team's final results. Cliff Walsh looks to edge Pat Sweeney for the third highest team member.

Edited by professor

Hey guys,

Matt was late due to problems with his flights. But he should be now up to date with all the stages on squad 51s schedule. We are having a great time together on the range and of course, we are also "fighting" very tough for each matchpoint. But as usual between wheelgunners, there are no bad things, everything is friendly and familiar!

Team USA should be still on the lead, but team Germany is doing it's best...;-)

Two more days to go!

Maybe Pat or Cliff can post some pics, I don't have one yet.

Sascha

Thanks for the info on Matt, Sasha. I just checked the Brazil match results site, and couldn't even bring up the summary. Could be they're in the middle of uploading new info. When last I looked, they were still only carrying the first day's results.

The IPSC World Shoot site still only has Revolver results from 12 stages, stages 13 through 24.

This is frustrating, to say the least. You guys are going to be done shooting and we'll still be in the dark.

The Brazilian site crashed out due to the size of the CAB file that contains the results. Tomorrow is Day 5 of the match and no-one has a clue who is winning. The STAGE results on the official web-site have not been updated since Day 2.

I have no idea why they cannot run a report showing the current overall results. I know that the results change as everyone shoots the stages but no-one has a clue how their friends are doing.

Thanks for the info on Matt, Sasha. I just checked the Brazil match results site, and couldn't even bring up the summary. Could be they're in the middle of uploading new info. When last I looked, they were still only carrying the first day's results.

The IPSC World Shoot site still only has Revolver results from 12 stages, stages 13 through 24.

This is frustrating, to say the least. You guys are going to be done shooting and we'll still be in the dark.

There are lots of discussions about this on Global Village forum. Unfortunately no new results yet. Only available printed at the range.

At the moment, there's a tight race between Jerry and Ricardo for the lead. Don't know, who's first. I mean Ricardo has a slight lead, but don't nail me on that. Behind them, we are a few. I made some mistakes, Matt did the same, Cliff lost points etc. We all have our own Waterloo stage... There are five stages to go tomorrow afternoon, then the points will be added.

In between, we are hoping, to get new results online. MOS site might be a chance to get results like on extremeshooting.br They offered their help to post results database like. But first, they need data... Brasilian guys couldn't get the huge files up to their site. Database returns only errors.

Keep you posted,

Sascha

OK, this is what I put together for the top Revo shooters, based on the most up to date information on the official IPSC World Shoot Site.

They updated that humongous PDF file "October 6, 19:53". I have no idea whether that is Greek time, but it's the latest available. It has stages 13 through 30 for the majority of the revolver shooters, including the top contenders. I think the only top score missing is Matt Griffin's Stage 18 score. That one is significant, as it's a 160 point stage.

Anyway, here's the top 30 revolver shooters, based on Stages 13 to 30. Sorry about the tabbing. Note that Matt Griffin has the potential to gain another 160 points [if he were to win Stage 18], which would move him up to 4th place.

Place Stg13-30 NO. LAST NAME FIRST NAME

1 1296.852 1230 Lopez, Ricardo

2 1225.7702 990 Miculek, Jerry

3 1149.6488 320 Back, Sascha

4 1136.5653 364 Schneider, Markus

5 1132.3698 1034 Nemecek, Zdenek

6 1123.772 562 Chua, Phillipp

7 1066.2087 530 Azevedo, Moacir

8 1046.1287 978 Ladic, Tibor

9 1038.6097 981 Walsh, Clifford

10 999.2354 744 Tranquilli, Valter

11 984.1571 993 Griffin, Matthew

12 971.9523 698 Della Savia,

13 963.1368 994 Sweeney, Patrick

14 922.0313 682 Ricciardi, Luca

15 911.361 467 Itani, Marwan

16 903.0527 361 Rauer, Dietmar

17 893.9721 410 Knaus, Guenther

18 890.2791 700 Sartor, Marco

19 886.4214 290 Bergfeldt, Per

20 885.304 1016 Kolar, Milan

21 884.2645 574 Arambulo, Raul

22 878.0983 338 Lindfors, Anders

23 820.3196 470 Sio, Hubert

24 804.3505 548 Garcia Rosado,

25 773.5946 550 Nilsson, Ola

26 758.4642 494 Carvalho Marques

27 743.768 1136 Kontopoulos, Ioannis

28 735.583 619 Rosas Torres,

29 642.9195 1135 Kontis, Georgios

30 611.0889 675 Montoro, Wanderley

The Revolver Team competition is based on the top 3 shooters of the 4 designated on that country's team. US is leading Germany, as you will see below. That missing score for Matt can only improve the US team standing, and potentially depress those of the other contestants, if he were to win the stage. The BOLD number to the right of the scores is the team total.

Team Points I.D. Last First Team Pts

USA 1225.7702 990 Miculek,Jerry

1038.6097 981 Walsh, Clifford 3248.537

984.1571 993 Griffin,Matthew

963.1368 994 Sweeney,Patrick

Germany 1149.6488 320 Back, Sascha

1136.5653 364 Schneider,Markus 3189.2668

903.0527 361 Rauer, Dietmar

893.9721 410 Knaus, Guenther

Czech 1132.3698 1034 Nemecek,Zdenek

1046.1287 978 Ladic, Tibor 3063.8025

885.304 1016 Kolar, Milan

Italy 999.2354 744 Tranquilli,Valter

971.9523 698 Della Savia, 2893.219

922.0313 682 Ricciardi,Luca

890.2791 700 Sartor, Marco

Brazil 1066.2087 530 Azevedo,Moacir

804.3505 548 Garcia Rosado, 2606.1422

735.583 619 Rosas Torres,

At this point Ricardo Lopez has won 7 stages, Jerry Miculek - 6, Sascha Back - 2, Matt Griffin - 2, Philip Chua - 1.

12 stages to go. Actually, I think they've shot 6 of those, except I don't have those numbers.

If there are any mistakes in these numbers, you can blame me. I tried to QA/QC them as best possible.

Edited by professor

My congrats to Ricardo, Jerry and Matt!

Afaik:

Ricardo

Jerry 96%

Matt 88%

Great job!

Sascha, do you know of any place that the raw data is available on-line? The IPSC World Shoot website is still carrying the same data as I reported on yesterday, which only covered the top revo shooters for Stages 13 to 30. PS: Where did you finish in the grand scheme of things? I had you and Marcus 3 & 4 behind Jerry, based on those first 18 stages you shot.

Comment to IPSC: This is a "HELLenic" of a way to report on a World Shoot". :devil:

Edited by professor

I finished 4th.

some 0.1x matchpoints behind Matt. Unfortunately. But this is how things go. Matt and I already had some beers on this. Keep in mind that he shot match ammo etc. New game, new chance. Think, this wasn't our last match together! ;-)

No official site covering the results yet.

I finished 4th.

some 0.1x matchpoints behind Matt. Unfortunately. But this is how things go. Matt and I already had some beers on this. Keep in mind that he shot match ammo etc. New game, new chance. Think, this wasn't our last match together! ;-)

No official site covering the results yet.

Between shooting match ammunition and having his travel plans messed up, I'm sure Matt had a lot on his mind. Undoubtedly, making up those first day's stages without seeing how other revo shooters were attacking the stages didn't help, either. He apparently put on a great showing despite those handicaps.

Well, I'm sure you know by now how he missed beating Jerry by less than a point at the US Nationals in September.

The next time they face off against each other will be November 5th in Memphis Tennessee for the Memphis Charity Classic. This will be the 3rd year for this match, which is limited to USPSA Revolver Division only, and brings in the top revolver shooters from all over the US. There are more than 50 revolver shooters already signed up. Sam Keen [Hopalong, on this forum] is trying to get the match sactioned as the official Revolver National Championship for USPSA. It has drawn 2 to 3 times the number of revolver shooters that show up for Nationals.

Last year, there were 68 revo shooters, of which 6 were GMs, and Matt won it with consistency throughout the match.

We'd be glad to have you come some time.

Edited by professor

Well, it's 11:48 pm Sunday, Oct 9th. Within the past hour I downloaded the latest results from the IPSC World Shoot site. The PDF file is date-stamped Oct 7, 19:37.

This data set is STILL NOT THE FINAL RESULTS. I looked at the revolver results, and find that stages 8 through 12 are still missing for the top revolver shooters.

Meanwhile, we know from Matt Griffin's web page that he finished third [bronze], and the Awards were held earlier today. And the top three finishers were what Sascha Back posted yesterday on this thread.

Might we expect to see the complete final results in the next week or so? <_<

Well, it's 11:48 pm Sunday, Oct 9th. Within the past hour I downloaded the latest results from the IPSC World Shoot site. The PDF file is date-stamped Oct 7, 19:37.

This data set is STILL NOT THE FINAL RESULTS. I looked at the revolver results, and find that stages 8 through 12 are still missing for the top revolver shooters.

Meanwhile, we know from Matt Griffin's web page that he finished third [bronze], and the Awards were held earlier today. And the top three finishers were what Sascha Back posted yesterday on this thread.

Might we expect to see the complete final results in the next week or so? <_<

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=137177&view=findpost&p=1548735