Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Sights

esweber

Got Dawson sights in about 2 months ago for my xdm 9 had my local gun smith installed them for me rear sight looked like he used glue to hold it on. Did not think much of it at the time but it fell off the other day i can slid the rear sight in and out by hand.

WTH did he do?

Edited by esweber

The installer may have felt they were fitted to tight and removed a little to much material. The sight should tighten up about half way in when you slide it in and should be held in with red lock tight. give dave dawso a call he will help you out.

That may be the case just tried the old sight and it will not slid in but are the sights still be able to be used since it is so loose now? It takes no pressure to slid it all the way in now.

And red lock tight seems like for the money should have s better fit

Edited by esweber

Directions says it has a set screw but not one there can i get just the set screw or will i need a new sight?

A shim, solder or weld can be used to tighten a loose sight. The adjustable sights have 2 screws.

Directions says it has a set screw but not one there can i get just the set screw or will i need a new sight?

A shim, solder or weld can be used to tighten a loose sight. The adjustable sights have 2 screws.

call dawson, or talk to your smith and get one! Seems to me like he skiped the drilling and tapping portion of his job.