Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GPS coordinates for a sub two second reload

No.343

I setup my timer for a random delay with a 2.5 second par time, and point my gun with a normal grip while waiting for the beep. At the beep I empty the gun, reload it with dummies, bring it up and pull the trigger. I can consistently do that and pull the trigger two, sometimes three times before the beep. However, I cannot get under the two second mark. I think that the timer emits a neuron blocking force field once I set it for two seconds. I know that Wal-Mart and Home Depot don't sell sub two second reloads. I don't know what else to do. Please enlighten me.

One thing I always do is to go through the actions in super slow motion. I can often notice inefficient movements this way.

Other than that. Work the PAR times. Once you can hit a PAR time 10 times in a row, bump it down a tick. Then, nail 10 in a row there.

When you hit a wall, it is likely tension. Back off the PAR time a bit at that point. Go to one that you KNOW you can handle for 10 in a row (chances are, you won't miss a few....and notice where the tension is located)

You shouldn't have to bring the gun UP much as you stated. You should just be presenting the gun back to the target. If you are having to bring it up, then do the load higher, more in your face. Get your weak hand to that mag as fast as possible. Soon it will whip back up and you'll be launching mags across the room before you know it.

Edited to add: Ha..Didn't realize I was in the revolver forum. Ummmm...can't help you...don't have a clue....good luck with that. 2.5 would be 5 times faster than me. :)

Edited by IronEqualizer

Bill Nesbitt posted a video of a great reload of his using speed loaders. Don't know how fast it was but.....

FYI

Richard

PS: PM him for a link or maybe someone else can find it.

Edited by chirpy

Any lefties out there use an extended cyinder release? Does it get in the way of shooting?

Not at all. I strongly encourage using one, though I prefer a lower profile than the Hogues which can get in the way when your thumb is crossing over.

As for the sub-2 reload, I'll give you a big secret: Practice the ejection sequence over and over and over until you can't open the cylinder without performing the entire sequence automatically. Then all your focus can be on getting the moonclip as fast as possible and you'll be under 2 in no time. 1.5 is doable in live fire.

Matt

While working in slow motion, as Flex suggested, I found part of the problem. I am not consistent with the vertical position of my revolver while reloading. This might explain the difficulties I experience while trying to run (I call it running) and reload at the same time. I also have been keeping both my hands close to the gun instead of being more aggressive with grabbing the moonclips. I'm getting closer and closer.

That slow motion stuff works.cool.gif

Does looking down through the cylinder and seeing daylight help?

I have never done that. I'm still too young to look for the light on the other side. :roflol: By holding the revo lower and in the same place I can line up the rounds and the holes easier. That way the rounds go in the cylinder in a smoother motion. I'm not seeing a big decrease in time, but the smoothness factor is definitely higher. I am very optimistic that it will pay off shortly.

Any lefties out there use an extended cyinder release? Does it get in the way of shooting?

I personally do not use an extended cylinder release; although i've never tried one. My hands are bigger than 'average' and I have no issues engaging the factory release with my left hand thumb.