Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using Hornady Bullet Feeder with a Dillon Press

I have one and all I need is the tubing to stack rounds to the ceiling.

I'll get around to it before the end of the year but from everyone I've asked, I've heard that there shouldn't be a problem.

Search for "Poor man's bullet feeder"

The dillon press is taller than the Hornady and you just need to raise the mount on the bullet feeder so that gravity can do its work. I put mine on a 2x4" piece of steel tubing so it sat high enough, and positioned it so the tube was a straight shot to the die.

Keep in mind these only work with jacketed bullets. The speed increase isn't wow, but it is a bit faster, and my left hand doesn't get soar after a few hundred rounds. In fact I need to find something to do with that hand, the other on just constantly pulls the ram.

The dillon press is taller than the Hornady and you just need to raise the mount on the bullet feeder so that gravity can do its work. I put mine on a 2x4" piece of steel tubing so it sat high enough, and positioned it so the tube was a straight shot to the die.

Keep in mind these only work with jacketed bullets. The speed increase isn't wow, but it is a bit faster, and my left hand doesn't get soar after a few hundred rounds. In fact I need to find something to do with that hand, the other on just constantly pulls the ram.

I hold onto the column on my 1050.

There are lots of websites on the internet that could...ugh... :roflol: