Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 Rem

tightloop

This shotgun is new for 2004, anybody have any experience with it. Looks good, comes with 4 or 5 Briles X2 chokes, good wood. What do you think for a dove gun at water holes and for fun. retails for 901, but I can get it for about 600, what do you think...

I don't have one as I like the smaller guages :D but I bet that has to be one nice shooter especially at that price. Are you already set up to load 28 ga.? Since I use my .410's (Winchester 42 and Rem 870) to hunt doves over cattle ponds here in AZ I think that 1100 would be one sweet gun for any purpose.

Neal in AZ

No experience with it but hunt with the 28 a good bit in a SxS. Not trying to drift this thread, but there is some really nice 28 stuff coming out from Fiocchi and one other company that I cannot recall right now. Nice hot stuff! Also some in a 1 ounce shot. Should be the berries.

That is a great price, buy it. If you don't like it can't imagine it would be hard to move.

The Remington 1100 Sporting Clays 28 Gauge has a good reputation with the sporting clays community. Onlycomplaint is chasing those valuable 28 gauge hulls. $600 is a great price or this shotgun.

As an alternative, Charles Daly is selling a similar 28 gauge automatic with 26 inch barrel. I bought my Charles Daly 28 gauge with four extended chokes and a Kick-Eez pad for $350. I got this to shoot sub-gauge tournaments and for quail hunting.