Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga Arrendando coupler ?

35WLN

Does anyone have a close up pick of the shell retainer mounted on their gun? Also what is the best way to mount it? Thanks

There is a close up pic on their web site. I had a friend of mine who is good with drilling and tapping dril and tap my R&R mag well for the shell retainer.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/images/501-018.jpg

Saiga12RR.jpg

I will take a close up pic for you after I get off work.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Just put mine on this past weekend getting ready for Area 1 MG and the MG Nationals. I can see that I'll be drawing blood from time to time on the shell retainer. Probably should take it off for Outlaw matches, but I am trying to wangle another 20 rounder so that I can do 2 20s coupled. Can't wait to see if it works!

Doug

Depending on your gun you will need to make some mods. The S12 receiver is super hard so have multi taps available.

I had issues with the right side charging handle hitting the shotshells on the coupled mag.

Just put mine on this past weekend getting ready for Area 1 MG and the MG Nationals. I can see that I'll be drawing blood from time to time on the shell retainer. Probably should take it off for Outlaw matches, but I am trying to wangle another 20 rounder so that I can do 2 20s coupled. Can't wait to see if it works!

Doug

I never could get Rob's 20 round mag to work. He was nice and let me trade it for 2 12 round mags.

Pat

Doug

I never could get Rob's 20 round mag to work. He was nice and let me trade it for 2 12 round mags.

Pat

That's too bad, I've used a couple of different ones over the last 2 years and they both were great, so much that sometimes I forget to reload when I'm using a 12 rounder. Robert has a new mag spring out that is a vast improvement over the old springs and will eliminate some of the problems with shell drag. In addition you have to make sure that the upper and lower mag sections are aligned. If my springs are good and mag parts aligned and clean, plus using the proper ammo, I've never had a 20 fail. Using a Saiga with a 20 round mag is a balancing act and if one part of the system is out of balance you will have failures.

Doug