Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp hammer v. SP01 Shadow hammer

Racer377

I understand they're slightly different, but what specifically is changed between the two?

What is the benefit of switching to the comp hammer?

On my shadow, it has the plain shadow hammer. In SA there is no camming, at all, perfectly neutral sear engagement. (I bought it used, the previous owner bought it from CZ custom a few years ago, maybe it's been worked on?)

Will it improve the DA? If so, how does to work?

Shadow hammer and the CZC comp hammer have almost the same single action hammer hook.

the Shadow hammer is thicker and will not fit the SP01/75/85 slide. it would need to be thinned to fit.

Shadow hammer is slightly heavier because of the thickness.

otherwise you should have a creep free neutral let off with the Shadow hammer as with the comp hammer

75b factory hammer is a different animal. long hammer hooks cut at a negative angle so it cams during letoff.

I improved by DA on my shadow by installing the Ultimate double action spring kit from Cajun Gun Works. I also installed the extended firing pin and the modified disconnector from the Extream Reach Reduction kit. The trigger in the kit is deemed illegal for production.

I'm using the 8.5 pound main spring with Winchester Small Pistol primers they have all gone bang, but CGW recommends only Federal Primers with this spring.

The pull length is reduced with the disconnector and the effot is reduced with the main spring. If you use the standard disconnector it is the effort to pull the trigger is easier but the pull is longer, I opted for the shorter pull. (pull meaning how far you pull the trigger under the cocking effort).