Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa division

e-mishka

i have 17 rnd mags, can i use them in limited 10? and is 5 mags enough?

If you are new, I would go limited minor. That way you know you will have enough rounds to complete, even the most difficult stage. ;)

JT

+1. Limited Division. Use your 17rd mags. You will be scored minor because of 9mm. If you are really new to USPSA dont get confused with Limited Minor, Open Minor, Open Major. Minor or Major are just for scoring purposes.

does factory 9mm 115gr @ about 1150-1200 velosity is considered minor in limited?

Doesn't matter how fast the ammo is in Limited or Limited 10. They both have rules pertaining minimum bullet size. If you are shooting 9mm you are shooting minor no matter what ammo you use.

Shoot limited minor... make your hits count and learn accuracy.

JT

Plus if you just bought 1 Henning H-141 and the Grams Follower you could have 1 bigger stick for your main mag. So you could start with 23+1.

good point. i'll start with 17 rnd and then might follow your advise.

since we are on uspsa topic two qwestions:

1. should i get regular or associate membership?

2. is that better to go to 1 classifier match with 4 classifying stages, or just do one match at a time?

Plus if you just bought 1 Henning H-141 and the Grams Follower you could have 1 bigger stick for your main mag. So you could start with 23+1.

good point. i'll start with 17 rnd and then might follow your advise.

since we are on uspsa topic two qwestions:

1. should i get regular or associate membership?

2. is that better to go to 1 classifier match with 4 classifying stages, or just do one match at a time?

You are getting ahead of yourself... go have fun and don't worry about classifiers and all that other junk.

If you want to obsess on something, download the rules and go OCD on them. :")

Here's a link... knock yourself out: http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

JT

• 2 weeks later...

What stages would 5 mags be not enough for L10?

Having shot L10 and production for over a year, including nationals, area 8 and countless local matches, I have yet to touch the 5th mag.

You have to try shooting some 30 round revolver friendly stages... Unless you like standing reloads, it's worth dumping the mag with 4 rounds still in it to have a fresh mag in the gun.

Check out Spanky's 32 round stage here: http://www.brianenos...dpost&p=1541944

It maybe worth doing an extra reload to give yourself insurance since you are moving and not shooting anything as you get up to the port to shoot the steel.

4/5 mags. =P

Looks like a really fun stage.

I think everyone is a better strong hand only shooter than I am. Coming to that port and holding it open with weak hand, I'd like to know that I have full 10+1 rounds available to me. ... The more to bullets to put into the no-shoot behind the poppers, the better. :lol:

But, yeah, if I hit the two poppers and paper with 4 or 5 shots, then only 4 mags, otherwise forced to go to 5 mags.

Back on topic: 5 reliable mags are what you'll need in the US (excluding states with 10 round limits) if shooting L10 or production. If you can fit 11 in the first mag, even better for less futzing around at "Make Ready". If you are in Canada (or other states or countries) with the 10 round limit, then you'll either have to futz around a bit to get 1 in the chamber and a full mag, or have a 6th unreliable mag as your barney mag.