Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I won it, now I'm gonna shoot it!

kcobean

I am the lucky winner of the raffle gun donated by Greeley Custom Projectile Delivery Systems out of Marshall, VA to support Area 8 Juniors (Thank you Kevin Greeley!) It's a Caspian Arms double-stack 1911 in .38 Super. I've been shooting an XDm-40 in Limited Major, but this gun is so beautiful that I just have to give it a try in Limited Minor. I was curious what the Limited folks who are shooting 1911 platforms are using for sights on these guns. It currently has an adjustable rear sight with a square notch and a standard black front sight post. I've been doing a ton of dry fire with it and I find that it's hard for me to acquire the front sight as I'm pushing out from my draw stroke. Is there a good FO front sight for these guns?

Any input greatly appreciated. I'm so excited to get this gun out and shoot it. It's the 6th 1911 I've owned and BY FAR the nicest. I may just want to tweak it a little to help me use it effectively.

Thanks.

Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

Shoot it enough to make sure the height of the front sight is correct, then change it to a Fiber optic. I like the Brazos FO front the best. They are a little longer and that helps the glow. When you have time, please put some pics of your new Caspian.

Edited by z40acp

dawson, caspian, and brazos all make nice front sights, leave the rear unless you need a reason to change it. When i have a rear sight that needs to be changed i replace it with a tripp K-1.

A