Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How far do you travel

Pizzim

Closest match for me is now about 35 minutes and I will travel about 2 hours or so for other local or club matches. Within that distance I can shoot more matches in a month than I have days available to shoot so I suppose I am pretty lucky. We have at least 5 USPSA matches no more than 3 hours from home, I am sure (although I don't shoot IDPA) at least as many IDPA, and probably even more Steel matches. This doesn't count a couple rimfire matches and a couple practice matches.

• 2 weeks later...

My local match is about 15 minutes from the house. I occaisionally drive 4 hours to shoot with my son. There is another match, that some of my local members attend, 2 hours away that I have not made yet but plan to in the near future. I have not traveled to any major matches as of yet but the closest one is about 3.5 hours away.

• 2 weeks later...

I would allow up to 2.5 hours for a Level I. I just attended a Match in New Smyrna, FL this past weekend and it was well worth the 2 hour 15 min drive from Gainesville. I basically set a limit of Tampa to Daytona to Jacksonville to Tallahassee. Otherwise, I will have to get a hotel the night before and that will add to the cost exponentially.

Erich