Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noveske Colorado State MG Championship

Mark,

Can I assume the stage 50/50 is on a 50 yard bay? I'm trying to figure out how far the two long popper shots are with the pistol.

Pretty much. Those shots are going to be at least 40 yards, no more than 45.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig C running the April 7 shotgun stage at CRC...

This will be the start position for stage 8, which will be the all shotgun stage. It is the only "odd" start position in the match. Yes, you will be shooting buckshot at about 20 yards from this position.

If you have never shot off of 37" tires standing on edge, you will get to on Stage 1 "Squint, They are out There."

We would like to welcome these sponsors to the match:

JPRifles, DPMS, Decot Hy-Wad, Laserlyte, Leupold, Nighthwak Custom, Radians, Red-dot Shooting, Shilen, Sportman's Warehouse, and STI.

So much thanks to Noveske for being the Title Sponsor AND a Stage sponsor!

Gold Sponsors for ths match are: Burris, Montana Gold, and Sierra Bullets.

Stage Sponsors are: Noveske, MGM Targets and Stag Arms.

Jerry and Mark have done an outstanding job creating industry visibility and interest in this match. As a result this is an extremely well sponsored mid level event. Common all you Colorado multigunners... there's enough of us locally to fill this match up. If you don't have all of the gear, then borrow it. If you are nervous about competing in a larger match... don't be. Most of us are Multi"funners" looking to gain exposure to a larger event than we get at the local matches. The stages are great and the sponsors are making it worth everyone's while to come and have some fun. Heck, it's worth your time just to come and participate in the clinics hosted by team Noveski.

To bad the clinic is full, it is going to be a great event..

The Noveske Pro Clinics on Friday afternoon have no limitations, so they are not full. James Casanova will also be doing a clinic and Alan Samuel will have a berm full of suppressors for demo. All Friday afternoon.

Ok, after re-reading I see you said you MG class on the 26th was full. Now time to request vacation :)

To bad the clinic is full, it is going to be a great event..

The Noveske Pro Clinics on Friday afternoon have no limitations, so they are not full. James Casanova will also be doing a clinic and Alan Samuel will have a berm full of suppressors for demo. All Friday afternoon.

Friday, April 27, starting at 2:30, at the range, we will have some demos for you.

2:30pm, 3GN Match Director, Pro Shooter and Team Noveske member Rob Romero will have a clinic on weak hand shotgun reloading.

3:00pm, Ladies and Junior USPSA Champion and Team Noveske member Katie Harris will have a clinic on vest style shotgun reloading.

3:30pm, Pro Shooter and Team Noveske member Jansen Jones will have a clinic on rifle shooting from a barricade.

4:00pm, Pro Shooter James Casanova will have a clinic on the belt worn TWinS shotgun loading systems.

4:30pm, Alan Samuel of Machine Gun Tours will have demonstrations of several suppressors as well as answer any questions you may have.

Jerry and Mark have done an outstanding job creating industry visibility and interest in this match. As a result this is an extremely well sponsored mid level event. Common all you Colorado multigunners... there's enough of us locally to fill this match up. If you don't have all of the gear, then borrow it. If you are nervous about competing in a larger match... don't be. Most of us are Multi"funners" looking to gain exposure to a larger event than we get at the local matches. The stages are great and the sponsors are making it worth everyone's while to come and have some fun. Heck, it's worth your time just to come and participate in the clinics hosted by team Noveski.

Seriously considering it. Only thing none of my friends have are the shotshell carriers...anyone have a belt carrier, belly or chest rig they'd be willing to loan? I have a pistol, a borrowed shotgun and a borrowed AR lined up...

KTs BBQ in Strasburg is very good. Made the sacrifice and ate there this afternoon after the pistol match. It is a small place, but good food, service and prices. Warned them they will have some extra customers on the 27th and 28th. They are closed on Sunday.

Stage building will be under way in a week. Working on some props and stuff this week. Jerry is organizing the pile of prize table stuff.

Competitor breifing should be on the website by the end of the day. Will send a link to all registered competitors.

Jerry is still busy bringing in Sponsors...

Thanks to Nordic and TechwareUSA for their sponsorship.

The match FFL is Machine Gun Tours who is also doing the supressor demo on Friday afternoon.

For those of you reading this, wishing you were coming to the match, Liveshots will have HD videos of stage runs up within minutes of completion. IMHO, this is the best coverage vehicle for a match (other than being there) and Paul does a phenominal job. We'll try to get him results as well as shoot-off info as soon as possible as well.

Hello Mark!

Only a week away, hope everything is coming together for you.

In the competitor briefing you sent out you said that on stage 8 the 2 PPs would be replaced with 2 KD targets. One of these PPs was supposed to activate the clay pinwheel so how is the pinwheel activated now that the PPs are gone?

Thanks!

** Bill **

Hello Mark!

In the competitor briefing you sent out you said that on stage 8 the 2 PPs would be replaced with 2 KD targets. One of these PPs was supposed to activate the clay pinwheel so how is the pinwheel activated now that the PPs are gone?

Thanks!

** Bill **

A secret squirrel that sees you coming and pulls a pin on a huge spring that sets the windmill a spinning at about 40 mph and then the squirrel goes back into a bunker. It's a hoot! :devil:

Okay, it is just a kick out plate. Works well. We tested about 10 different methods of activation and went with the one that is both simple and consistent. There are no springs (they change), just a 15# weight for initation of the spin.

I'll just say this...NO, you can not shoot the SG stage as many times as you want! I just got back from the range and ran the start and middle portion of the SG stage to check flow and if my kids did not have baseball practice, I'd still be there. I was giggling so hard one time through I had to stop for a potty break! In the Full disclosure...No I (as well as several other ROs) am not shooting for score. :roflol:

Competitors... I am in court all day tomorrow and then I will be at the range Tuesday through Friday.

If you have any questions, you have my e-mail and cell number in the competitor breifing. Feel free to text or e-mail and I will do my best to get you a timely response.

Hello Mark!

Thanks!

** Bill **

A secret squirrel that sees you coming and pulls a pin on a huge spring that sets the windmill a spinning at about 40 mph and then the squirrel goes back into a bunker. It's a hoot! :devil:

Okay, it is just a kick out plate. Works well. We tested about 10 different methods of activation and went with the one that is both simple and consistent. There are no springs (they change), just a 15# weight for initation of the spin.

I'll just say this...NO, you can not shoot the SG stage as many times as you want! I just got back from the range and ran the start and middle portion of the SG stage to check flow and if my kids did not have baseball practice, I'd still be there. I was giggling so hard one time through I had to stop for a potty break! In the Full disclosure...No I (as well as several other ROs) am not shooting for score. :roflol:

Squirrels, cool, I love moving targets. I will throw in some Varmint loads with the rest of my ammo!

Cheers!

** Bill **

If there are any Colorado area ladies or junior ladies who would like to shoot this match but were unable to come up with the funds, please contact me ASAP via this website PM or email.

Additionally, if any Colorado shooters know any lady or junior lady who would like to shoot this match, please pass along this info or reach out to them for me.

I have a slot I would like to give away to either a lady or junior lady.

Thanks