Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 Slide Out Of Battery

Paul Burtchell

I had this happen a couple of times today during a match and could not figure out what was going on. I came home and was able to duplicate the scenario with dummy rounds. I know what is happening but not why??

Scenario: Round in chamber, a couple of rounds in mag, perform mag change with full mag, if you insert the new mag with a little too much force the slide goes back about a 1/4" or so and takes the gun out of battery. Any ideas other than not being so forceful on my mag changes??

My pistol has had the Springer Competition trigger job performed but is using a stock recoil spring and guide rod.

Thanks...

Edited by Paul Burtchell

Paul,

Are you sure it is the stock recoil spring? The scenario you just described is dead on for a recoil spring that is too light.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Well, i can't be 100% sure. Nothing was noted on the invoice, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't changed out . What is the factory rated 9mm spring for these?

Paul,

Are you sure it is the stock recoil spring? The scenario you just described is dead on for a recoil spring that is too light.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Well, i can't be 100% sure. Nothing was noted on the invoice, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't changed out . What is the factory rated 9mm spring for these?

I agree with Rich.

The factory springs are around 18.5 LBS you can go as low as 14 lbs before you start running into issues.

Edited by Powder River

• 3 months later...

Paul,

Rich

Thanks Rich,

I agree with Rich.

The factory springs are around 18.5 LBS you can go as low as 14 lbs before you start running into issues.

i have had problems with 14...I stick to 16