Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My mother tried it out. You can get a good deal on stuff but the real winners are the folks a Qbids.

For instance

An iPad sells for $50.00

That's 5000 bids

Average I'd about $.20 per bid

You do the math. Makes me wish this whole penny auction thing was my idea.

I tried it once and got a $70 pair of computer speakers for $5. Personally it's not worth my time but you could get lucky and get a great deal.

I think you have to buy bids to your account. Then once you have them, you can use them where you want to. All of them on one item or spread them out. When your account is out of bids, you have to spend money to buy more to build your account back up.

When I did it, it cost .60 per bid. You buy the bids in advance, then everytime you bid, you spend one of your bids, whether you win or not. Like the example above:

iPad = Won for $50.00 (bid increments of .01)

5000 bids @ .60 each = $3000

If the person who won the iPad used less than 420 bids to win it ($700 worth of bids) they got a good deal. However, QBids still made $2300 in profit. The only way to get the spectacular deals they advertise is to shark the auctions and try to snag something just before it ends. But then again, everyone else is doing that, and every bid resets the closing timer.

Oh, and it's not like eBay, all the items belong to QBids, not other people. So, QBids gets all the profit.

Mac