Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bear Creek 200 SWC oal

soe400club

Sean, you need about a nickel to quarter's worth of shoulder sticking out from the edge of the case so when the round hits the ramp it hits on the shoulder and not the case. Also, make sure your crimp is enough that the case mouth is smooth against the bullet and not leave a ledge.

DougC

Sean, you need about a nickel to quarter's worth of shoulder sticking out from the edge of the case so when the round hits the ramp it hits on the shoulder and not the case. Also, make sure your crimp is enough that the case mouth is smooth against the bullet and not leave a ledge.

DougC

Thanks Doug...

DougC is right about the crimp. I started having feed problems (3 point stoppage where the round just starts into the chamber then stops) and found that my crimp die had backed off for some reason and the rounds weren't being crimped. I readjusted the die and the feed problems went away.

• 4 weeks later...

I loaded up and shot my first Bear Creek SWC through my Spartan today and had issues. I loaded 1.250 OAL with a .470 crimp. I had about 1 out of every 3-4 shots hanging on the nose of the lead(didn't appear to be the case) against the feedramp. A fellow reloader suggested shortening my OAL some. So, I have shortend the OAL to 1.230 and will try them soon.

• 3 weeks later...