Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Playing Modified

shred

An irrational decision by the governing body in my opinion.

Perhaps USPSA should introduce Modified ?

Interesting idea, but do you think there would be any interest to shoot in that division? I see it somewhere between Lim-10 and Revo for attendance at local matches.

I think more people were shooting Modified than Revolver, which is why I think the decision was irrational. I think i could catch on in USA, with many states losing the 10 round restriction then perhaps L10 will no longer be required. I also think that Production should change to 15 rounds minimum instead of 10.

It would be fun (indeed, building and shooting this little thing is some of the most fun I've had in ages), but we have a chicken-and-egg situation going on-- there's little demand and little availability.

Years ago we officially had Modified but rarely had enough participation to even recognize them at Nationals. Some things have changed now, but I think the biggest problem is availability of good Modified guns. There are basically none available off-the-shelf in the US, so you have to make a pretty good investment in gunsmithing up a pistol that's not very useful for anything else in the hopes you can find some competition to shoot against.

Interestingly in the tactical realm, Suarez and others are now pushing embedded, co-witnessed micro optics on carry and police pistols, which would be good fits for Modified (albeit without comp). I know at least one officer that has a Trijicon RMR on a duty gun.