Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion Smartypants

twix

I called to tell them I broke a thingy, part # da-da.

Dillion dude: Ok, we'll send you the whole assembly with the screw and spacers.

Me: Cool. Uh, it was my fault, I'll pay.

DD: Cool! Send it to my PO Box in Mexico and I'll think of you when I'm drinking Pina Colada's on the beach.

I love it.:)

Oh, and recently I buggered up a primer pickup tube, so I ordered some new ones. They even sent me one to replace the one that jammed up.

Why would you buy anything but a Dillion? I don't know.

Think of how little stress is in the CSR life at Dillon. No matter how hard you try you could never get them pissed....

Cust from he!! : I broke a part and I know it says not to do what I did in the manual but I think you ought to replace it for free anyways.

Dillon CSR:

OK Where do you want me to ship it to????

Dillon rocks!!!

• 1 month later...
I hear ya. I recently was provided with the necessary parts, pins and tools to replace/upgrade the bellcrank on my 550. My press was worn from many years of use and owed me nothing. Now it is as good as new!

Addendum.

So i screwed up the repair and neglected to properly lube a critical pivot point after reassembly. Siezed the press up after around 2000 rounds. Also stripped the threads on my roller handle this time. More free new parts on the way! I felt bad and ordered a maintainence kit to be sent with the replacement parts. Had to spend some money after how they treated me. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Wooo-Hooo!!! I needed a part today, but by the time I remembered I had already forgotten my manual at home. Guess what though ... the schematics are available on the Dillon website! So rather than call and sound like an idiot with "I need that thing on the thing that attaches to the thing that does this and that" I had a part number for them. :lol:

Dillon guy was cool as usual (even though I forgot my customer number too) and new part is on the way. I love these guys. :wub:

Yeh, I made sure I had the part # and part name ready to go when I called them some months ago, but they comp'd me the part and several other parts as well--no charge. NO CHARGE! Para45 said it all... "Dillon rocks!" B)

Last week I must have overtightened the set screw that snugs the primer warning buzzer housing on to the primer tube on my 550 and it cracked the plastic and it was toast. Called Dillon and the new housing was here in 3 days completely free. I too offered to pay as it most probably was my mistake and they said no way.

Thanks Dillon!!!!

Tom

even more amazing is when they replace parts that are assumed to be broken occasionally.

I broke a decapping pin. Call them up and we will send you a couple. Then the guy says can you get the back of the old one out of the nut, and I said I have not tried yet. Cool no problem I will send you one of those as well.

way to go.

BTW off topic Pact is the same way. My timer died and they said send it to us and we will fix it. I said its like 15 years old or so. No problem is the reply.

The ipsc community has some great customer service.