Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Barrel

Greg in VA

Because they aren't ready, and I haven't heard anymore about them in a while.

Greg,

I recently purchased a M&P9L and it would not group at all with any load I tried. I have recently put a KKM barrel in and it already shoots decent groups of around 3.5-4.0 inches at 50yds. Much better than the factory barrel. I feel it will get down to around 3.0" or a little better with time. I have only tried a couple of different loads from the same powder.

Oldtrooper

Oldtrooper, thanks that's the kind of information I'm looking for. My M&P Pro is the same way your's was, will not group no matter what load I use.

Send it back to S&W. Mine was terrible out of the box and they replaced the barrel with a new one for free. It shot much better with the replacement.

I know that my M&P pro will not shoot 147's at all (even keyholes sometimes). I have some 124's that I need to load up and test. A friend of mine found that his would only shoot 115's accurately. If mine has issues with 124 gr bullets it looks like I will need to contact S&W and see what they say about a replacement barrel. Either that or go for the aftermarket solution like a KKM.

Hello

Like i have already stated in another post i have the same problem with my M&P pro.

I did a lot of test (and this time with a ramson rest) and now i have found some conclusions but unfortunately there's not a lot of ammunition's available in my country and it's difficult to test a large panel of ammunitions :(

1) the gun is totally innacurate with all the FMJ i have tried (factory or reload) except with the GECCO factory 124 gr but the PF is +140 :huh:

2) I have very good results with all the flat points bullets profile i have tested (Frontier 124gr, Frontier 147gr, S&B 140 Gr Factory) less than 2" at 25 meters.

One more think i did theses tests in three differents guns (2 M&P Pro and 1 L)with the same results so i think it's more a barrel twist problem.

Hope this help

Marc

Edited by PEETERSMARC