Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mark 3 22/45

Onepocket

I have one on my 22/45 Mark II, it's a 3" blue Pac-Lite. Before that, I seem to have problems with jams but since I added this, most are gone. Runs really good now and very light!

Almost forgot, got a 7" on my Buckmark - I know it's different but just wanted to mention...

Also, Welcome to the Forum!

Edited by gng4life

Hello: I have seen a couple of people shooting them and they work well. What I did with our 22/45 is lighten the barrel for my sons. The small grip and lighter barrel helps them shoot better/faster. The next project will be a Buckmark with a Tac Sol barrel :cheers: The Ruger has more mass moving so I think the Buckmark may be better for them. As a side note the Tac Sol Rugers I've seen are using CCI mini mags so they run all the time. Cheap ammo doesn't work on them so I've seen :surprise: Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Are you any faster with the lighter upper?

I feel like I am faster but I did not do any objective testing, just pure gut feeling. Sometimes that confidence that you are doing better does make you better. Anyway, I like them and the kids enjoy it too.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Pac-Lite on a 22/45 with Volk. internals. The gun ran great, went 900 rounds earlier this year (three people using it in one match) without a failure using CCI Mini Mag. I sold it to a friend for his wife to use after I finished my Marvel Conversion 1911. I regret selling it enough that when I got a good deal on another 22/45 I picked one up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tested several setups and I have found I am definitely faster with a lighter setup once I got used to the acceleration and braking differences the weight creates in transition. You will get more recoil and muzzle jump with a lighter setup so in general a comp on the end of the barrel will bring everything back to around the same as a heavier gun without one. You can get even better with a thumbsrest on the gun, as least for an old fogey like me. I have tried the S&W 22S, Ruger 22/45 and particularly the Browning Buckmarks with 5.5" steel and 5.5" and 7.25" alloy barrels with and without comps. The fastest setup for me is the Buckmark with a 5.5" TS alloy barrel and an Allchin comp. The 22/45 I had (won at a RR event) I could not get times as good as my BM no matter how much VQ stuff I put on it. So I sold it to my younger buddy Brian and he ended up replacing his Mk III racegun with it and now shoots faster than ever. Although the particular comp itself is not terribly different among competing designs, there is some difference based on subjective analysis and speed timer numbers. Have not done my definitive test on RimfireCentral.com as yet as I am still into the major part of my shooting schedule.

Edited by photoracer