Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SR 40 or XDM 40

RJH

I'm thinking of getting one of these guns to run in limited and am looking for someone whose run them for a realistic review. I have a 1911 that iI run in L-10 and an xd 9 (not an m) that I use in production and occasionly run in limited and I like it but of course don't like the minor aspect. I can't afford an sti or anything along those lines so its got to be polymer. I've found mag extensions, magwells, and drop in triggers for both. I like the feel of the ruger better and I keep hearing thats it feels softer recoiling than other 40s but I dont know. The rugers I have handled have also had better factory triggers and a shorter reset than the xdm's that were on the shelf beside them. The only real concern I have with the rugers is longevity and realibility as my xd 9 has been an excellent gun. I have ruled out glocks because of the grip and m&ps because of the trigger. Any input would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

RJH

Id go with the Glock 35, or shoot what you have and wait for the XDM 5.25 to come out in 40. I'm surprised you found aftermarkt support for the ruger,and that it had a decent trigger. Looking at the specs I see the Ruger is only a 4" gun, I think you'd be handicapping yourself on sight radius and capacity with the Ruger. You could also consider looking for a used para ordnance package, you may find a deal when you add in you can usually get one with mags extensions and a few must haves already included.

The XDm 4.5 has the same sight radius as a 1911 gvt model, if your willing to wait around 9 months or slightly less(my guess Shot Show) the 5.25 .40 will be released. There is more support for the XD/m's than the Ruger.

Rich

Of all the tupperware guns I've shot the M&P Pro felt best to me. However, I don't get it, I've seen STI Edge's here on the Forum for $1200, I

ve bought and sold two myself for $1500 with mags. Simplify your life, sell one of the other two and get the one you want. It is only a couple months till the annual sell off starts and it runs thru Feb, yes after the Nationals we will start to see a lot of activity in the Classifieds section, lots of supply drives down prices.