Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic extension tubes for the Benelli M2

Nimitz

If I undestand correctly the Nordic 5 rd ext tube on a Benelli M2 Field with 21" barrel is flush with the barrel? Can anyone tell me the largest Nordic ext tube which would be flush with a 28" barrel or is this length such that even the highest capacity ext tube would still be short of the end of the barrel?? I'm getting ready to purchase an M2 Field w/21" barrel for 3-gun competition & am also considering buying a longer barrel for when I go shooting trap/skeet & sporting clays and wanted to get max rd capacity without the tube extending beyond the barrel. Thx

Not THE answer you're after, but to get you closer to the answer you seek;

A +7 tube on the gun will stick out about 27" +/-

+7 round tube sticks out past my 26" barrel. With the extended chokes they're almost even, the choke sticking out a smidgin longer.

Thanks!

Hey Cas; what kind of shooting are you doing with a 26" bafrrel M2? I was asking around for what would be a good "all around" barrel length for trap/skeet/sporting clays if I was only going to use one barrel length and the consensus was 28"

It's for 3 gun and shotgun matches, I have an M2 American.

When I was pricing them the best price I could come up with on an M2 field was $1200 something. The local Dick's had M2 Americans for $799 That made my choice pretty simple. I added a Limb Saver pad and went from there. I couldn't be happier with the gun.

The only time I notice the barrel is long is if I see a photo or video of me shooting it. Then I notice… "Hey, mine's a lot longer than most people." But I'm used to that. B);)

:roflol:

thanks. After a lot of back & forth I've decided to go with a 21" barrel for 3-gun & then pick up an extra 28" barrel for when I just want to shoot shotgun disciples ... do you happen to know what the difference between the M2 Field & M2 American is? I found the M2 Field for $1100 so I'm wondering what the extra $300 buys me?

I also looked at both the M2 American vs Field for multipurpose use (hunting, 3-gun, and skeet/trap/sporting clays), and found a similar price difference.

The major differences are (American vs Field):

1. 26 inch barrel (American) vs 28 (Field)

2. Inclusion of 3 chokes (M, IM, F) vs 5 chokes (Field)

3. Case (not included with American)

4. Set of shims (included with Field, not with American)

5. No Comfortech stock (American)

Yes, a 26 inch barrel represents a compromise, but other constraints applied (including ability to fit in the trunk of my car since I live in a very gun-unfriendly area).

I wound up going with the M2 American and adding a Limbsaver. I also got a couple of extended chokes.

I couldn't be happier. The $400 price difference buys a lot of ammo, and I couldn't use most of the extra goodies anyway.

Hope this helps!

Edited by William Ching

thanks William! I think after all is said & done I'm going to stick with my orginial plan and get the M2 Field. Everyone who has one says the Comfortech stock is a really nice thing so I'll probably just leave it as is and shoot it for a while and see. If I really want to switch to the pistol grip stock tehya re only $125 & I should be able to sell teh Comfortech to pay for it plus some leftover which I could put toward the extra barrel ...

thanks to everyone who chimed in ...

thanks William! I think after all is said & done I'm going to stick with my orginial plan and get the M2 Field. Everyone who has one says the Comfortech stock is a really nice thing so I'll probably just leave it as is and shoot it for a while and see. If I really want to switch to the pistol grip stock tehya re only $125 & I should be able to sell teh Comfortech to pay for it plus some leftover which I could put toward the extra barrel ...

thanks to everyone who chimed in ...

Extra Benelli barrels are WAY expensive, I just use my 26' M2 Field for everything (3 gun, pheasants, a few clays, etc). Seems to work well for me. Comforttech stock is nice, especially the adjustable cast and comb height for this long necked left hander. Hope to get a 21' extra barrel someday but don't want to spend that much yet.

Eric