Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superior Firearms tuned 9mm mag ?

Blurryvisions

Like was mentioned in the other threads I found them to be very dull and unfinished.

And FWIW I can get 23 and 29 in my STI tubes with Grams guts that I bought from SC for way less than the Superior mags.

I have one 9mm Superior 170mm mag & it functions flawlessly in my STI open gun. I also built one for about $14 cheaper. I did not use a standard STI 170mm tube because they sometimes have dimensional problems from tube to tube. I bought my tube from Thunder Mountain Custom, the tubes are highly polished, and debured both inside & out and the lips are properly dimensioned cost is $80. Bought Gramms F-13 spring follower kit $17 ea. SS 9mm 170mm spacer $8, and a Dawson SNL base pad $33. Mag runs flawlessly and gives me 29 + 1 reloadable total cost $138.00 does not include shipping from the three vendors. Shipping was another $25.50. Total cost is $163.50. I paid $177.50 shipped for my Superior mag. So I saved $14 building my own. IMHO if I were to do it again I'd just buy the Superior mag and be done with it and the mags are guaranteed 29+1 reloadable and to function.

does anyone have any experience with these mags in 9mm?

Yes i bought one from Shooters Conn. 170mm it would not work in my STI Steelmaster 9mm minor or my Limcat 9mm Razorcat major or my wife's 9mm Steelmaster so i called Shooters Conn. one week after i purchased it

they don't take mags. back so i sent in back to Superior 5 months later i got it back still doesn't work. i do have a set of H. Smith they work in all 3 guns with the spacers all glued in, to bad he doesn't do them any more..

T.McDevitt

What is your ammo OAL? Try an OAL a little less than 1.15. I'm running 115 gr. FMJ at 1.142. If your running JHP or HP ammo the OAL might be a bit too long. Have you had anyone else try your mag (besides your wife's gun)? Does it work for them?

Edited by 40S&W