Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with glasses

Suff

I tried a search but didn't really find an answer for my problem. I have a problem with sweat and lack of airflow behind my current glasses. I currently wear a pair of Tifosi's that I also cycle with. I guess it's the shape of my face but most glasses I have worn fit real tight to my face and don't allow any airflow behind them. Any suggestions for a pair that vents good?

Try out the Rudy Project Rydons which were originally designed for cyclists. I'm quite sure the people in the Rudy Project subforum here can help you out with a demo.

Before I switched to Rydons, I used to wear glasses made by Adidas. I think the model was M19, but I don't recall right now. They were also designed for cyclist and runners. Anyway they have vent holes to provide airflow.

Edited by Skydiver

The Rydons (and all the other Rudy Project sport glasses) have an adjustable nosepiece that lets you position them as far away or as close to your face as you want. I find that when they're fogging up I just move them a bit farther forward for more airflow and they're good to go. They won't slip, either.

Edited by astephenson

Check out the Rudys Magsters too. They have "front emblem with air vents to prevent foggging". I can attest to this working. I sweat a lot, and rarely have an issue with fogging. I put some anit-fog spray on the lenses ( found at Sports Authority in the goggle section ) for added measure and don't have any problems.

The Rydons (and all the other Rudy Project sport glasses) have an adjustable nosepiece that lets you position them as far away or as close to your face as you want. I find that when they're fogging up I just move them a bit farther forward for more airflow and they're good to go. They won't slip, either.

That sounds like it could be the ticket for me.

They sure are proud of the glasses. As usual I can't seem to pick an inexpensive hobby!

Check out the Rudys Magsters too. They have "front emblem with air vents to prevent foggging". I can attest to this working. I sweat a lot, and rarely have an issue with fogging. I put some anit-fog spray on the lenses ( found at Sports Authority in the goggle section ) for added measure and don't have any problems.

And there is also the SCUBA divers' good old standby for anti-fog... 100% natural spit. I don't know why it works, but but after trying a bunch of other stuff, saliva seems to work reliably.

I use both Rudys and Decots - both have single lens prescription (i.e. no need for inserts), interchangeable lenses, and plenty of room so fogging is minimized. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

I have been wearing Rudy Rydons for about 7 years. I switched to Rudy Genetyks several years ago. I think for your issue try the Magsters and use the 2 alpha code. Enjoy the sport.

Edited by mikegot38