Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me your 1050 toolhead stands

Ok crafty folks, show me you skills, as mine clearly suck.

I tried using a 1 1/4 inch dowel glued and scewed into a plank, using a electrical conduit connector as a brace at the top of the dowel.

It works, but looks craptastic. If I had a lathe, I'd turn a 1.5 inch dowel down at the top for a tidier approach.

Dave:

You seen mine. Required if you load more than 1 caliber on a single machine.

All aluminium -

16"x8"x5/16" base

2"x7" posts - they are machined down to just less than the bore diameter of the toolhead by 1".

2 of the posts are TIG'd at the ends and the third is in the middle.

I've seen one made with a wooden base - shred was the maker.

HPIM0696.jpg

Also look here.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113752&st=0&p=1290256&hl=toolhead%20stands&fromsearch=1entry1290256

There was another thread that had diffent stands, but I search foo is FU.

I bought two of the powerfactors. They are substantially heavy for stability, beautifully made and the only effort expended was earning the money and paying the cc company. Absoluteley no lost fingers or 3rd degree burns could result from this purchase. They were at my door within 2-3 days.

Edited by pmclaine

I have one similar to RePeat out of steel. I didn't machine it down, I just used round tube welded to a 2" flat stock elevated tall enough so the rod doesn't hit the table. It is a gang of 3 also. I made about 2 days after I got a 1050 and 5 toolheads. I didn't know anyone invented one, it just made sense to do.