Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor or Arrendondo

SERVED_USMC

Looking to set up the M&P for the move to limited. Any reasons why I should choose one or the other. I have no personal experience with either brand and am looking for some input. Let me know what youve got. Thanks fellas!

In my case i was hunting for magwells and came across SSS and they had everything there i needed only thing is there magwells are only usable with the taylor extensions. But they carry everything you can want for the m&p. I use there esp magwell and taylor extensions.

One is plastic being the Arrendondo and one being metel the TF I don't think one has to ask which is better. I also shoot with a SSS magwell so the TF was the only choice. I have owned both and the Arrendondo ones had an issue with coming undone in the middle of matches. I have seen most people who shoot with them use an epoxy to hold the back on from slipping off the magazine. The TF have no problems just get the springs with them so it will hold open on the last round and work perfect.

Early versions of the Arredondo didn't "lock" the basepad/extension and it could slide off. That is no longer a problem.

I have the Arredondos and I have a SSS magwell that I can't use because it needs TF to work. If I ever get serious (ha ha) I'll have to get some TF extensions.

Early versions of the Arredondo didn't "lock" the basepad/extension and it could slide off. That is no longer a problem.

I have the Arredondos and I have a SSS magwell that I can't use because it needs TF to work. If I ever get serious (ha ha) I'll have to get some TF extensions.

Thanks for letting me know. I have not tried them in the last two years so if the change is newer than that then I might have to get one to at least test it out.

Be aware that the Arredondo extensions will still NOT work with the SSS magwell. I played with the idea of cutting them down but it seemed like it would remove too much plastic.

Yes I am aware of that. I have more than one M&P I could try it out on. I also looked at cutting them down but why bother when you can go with a metal TF.

Taylor Freelance is what I use on my limited M&P. No problems, rock solid. If you use the original springs (as I do) you may have to remove a little materiel from the rear of the inside of the base pad, so the magspring doesn't bind. Either SSS or Dan Burwell has a tutorial. I found it necessary on 2 of my 4 mags. Good luck!

I have Arredondo on mags for my 9 TF on mags for my 40...go with the TF. I'll swap out my Arredondos for TF soon. Got the Arredondo only because TF's were on backorder when I 'had' to have some extensions short notice...TF hold the extra rounds stated, the Arredondo don't without tinkering which I don't want to bother with.

• 1 month later...

Figured I would bring this back from the dead for a moment. I picked up 4 TF base pads based on the comments I got. I couldnt be happier with them. These and the ESP magwell are a great combo. They are easy to install and have a rock solid fit to the magazines. Ive shot about a dozen matches with them and have encountered no problems. Lots of the ranges I shoot are gravel and the finish on these has help up great given the abuse they endure on any given weekend. Thanks again for all the help guys.