Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD 9 trigger question

Michael64

Figure I have more than 1400 rds thru my XD9 and dont really feel any difference in the trigger. Figured it would have smoothed up nicely but feels basically the same.

Is there anything that can improve the feel of the trigger while keeping it safe for daily carry? This is a competition gun for me.

Figure I have more than 1400 rds thru my XD9 and dont really feel any difference in the trigger. Figured it would have smoothed up nicely but feels basically the same.

Is there anything that can improve the feel of the trigger while keeping it safe for daily carry? This is a competition gun for me.

This will make it better:

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=10&categoryId=10

The Springer trigger kit says that it gives a lighter trigger. Question is how light?

I use my XD for carry and do not want to go too light for liability reasons.

I would assume around 3.5 lbs, or another option is to call Scott at Springer, and tell him what your needs are..I'm confident he can help.

Edited by Standby!

The Springer trigger kit says that it gives a lighter trigger. Question is how light?

Once you have or have had any trigger work done you would be well advised not to shoot anyone with that sidearm because the lawyers will find out and it will not go well for you. The trigger job on the XDs dramatically changes the trigger. Aside from lightening the trigger pull the Springer Precision kit takes out about half the take up travel and half the reset travel. Working on the XD trigger is way different than taking a little creep out of a 1911 trigger.

zdog

I have a powder river precision trigger in my xd9. It's light enough that my niece shoots USPSA with it occasionally, and still heavy enough that I can carry it. The powder river kit did not help trigger reset much.

Once you have or have had any trigger work done you would be well advised not to shoot anyone with that sidearm because the lawyers will find out and it will not go well for you. The trigger job on the XDs dramatically changes the trigger. Aside from lightening the trigger pull the Springer Precision kit takes out about half the take up travel and half the reset travel. Working on the XD trigger is way different than taking a little creep out of a 1911 trigger.

zdog

Does shooting someone with 12lb trigger make it any more legal? That's like saying if you practice, it's intent.

Edited by Standby!

They have a combat/carry trigger job available as well..speak to Kyle or Scott.

They have a combat/carry trigger job available as well..speak to Kyle or Scott.

Thanks will give them a call.

Does shooting someone with 12lb trigger make it any more legal? That's like saying if you practice, it's intent.

I know it doesn't make much sense but when dealing with lawyers and the legal system not much does make sense. Do a little looking around on the web or ask a lawyer if you know one. Even if you shoot someone and are completely in the right you better be ready for a $100,000 legal bill if the guy or his survivors take you to court. When it comes out that you have had the trigger altered in any way shape or form it will work against you big time. Check with Marty Hayes at Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS). He makes a living by selling policy's to folks who carry guns who may need a lawyer after the fact.

Start a new thread and throw that question out and see what kind of answers you get. I am on your side but being on the side of reason will lose every time versus the legal system.

zdog

Edited by zdog

Polishing the back of sear, and front of striker face where it catches the sear, can make a big difference in smoothness and feel. To get shorter pretravel, and shorter over travel, or reset, you will need a good kit or send it out to one of the 2 or 3 XD smiths on these forums.

As to legal issues.... if you had a negligent discharge due to a hair or unsafe trigger, you surely will get sued. Shoot someone intentionally, even justifed, you are still going to get sued, and probably got to court as well.

This kind of stuff is all over the various internet foums.... lots of internet commando lawyers out there - but to sum it up, shoot someone with any kind of gun, with any kid of trigger, and you will get sued, and it will cost you ALOT of money, maybe even jail time. Don't do it unless you are willing to pay the price. But, at least you may still be alive.

I know it doesn't make much sense but when dealing with lawyers and the legal system not much does make sense. Do a little looking around on the web or ask a lawyer if you know one. Even if you shoot someone and are completely in the right you better be ready for a $100,000 legal bill if the guy or his survivors take you to court. When it comes out that you have had the trigger altered in any way shape or form it will work against you big time. Check with Marty Hayes at Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS). He makes a living by selling policy's to folks who carry guns who may need a lawyer after the fact.

Start a new thread and throw that question out and see what kind of answers you get. I am on your side but being on the side of reason will lose every time versus the legal system.

zdog

I understand..it is what it is..too bad it has come to this though.