Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XDM 5.25

STIGUY

Getting the XDMthis weekend. Need to know a setup (holster,mag carriers, belt etc.) that will work for both USPSA Production and IDPA. I have a CR Speed belt and AA mag carriers...will this work in IDPA? Holsters....given the "just out" situation ....is their suitable options available. Looking to get going mid next month in a local IDPA match.

I think you're totally hosed equipment wise for what you have now. The CR Speed and Double Alpha mag pouches won't be legal in IDPA (no double layer belts) and Saul's mag pouches are definitely race gear. I believe, and the guys who have them can correct me, the gun should come with a holster and double mag pouch as part of the package. That should be enough to get you started for IDPA. As far as the holster if you want someting a bit quicker, I'd imagine CompTac and Blade Tech either have the holsters already available or will very soon. If not on open botton holster for the XDm should work. I know my BT Glock holsters for the 17 work just fine with my 34.

Just about any holster that is for an XD Tactical should work with the 5.25. The 5.25 is just .25 longer than the Tactical, if it is a closed end holster it may not fit perfectly.

Rich

I have Blankhawk CQC belt I bought some time ago. It issome sort of stiff polymer with a carbon fiber look. I can buy some of their mag holders. I have a concealment vest by Woolrich. Will look into getting a BT for the XD9 Tac.

THANKS

I have Blankhawk CQC belt I bought some time ago. It issome sort of stiff polymer with a carbon fiber look. I can buy some of their mag holders. I have a concealment vest by Woolrich. Will look into getting a BT for the XD9 Tac.

THANKS

Got the gun....now the setup? Question: Can a Comp-Tax holster for a Glock w/light attached be remolded and/modified to be used with my XDM 5.25. Not for competition. but for carrying "in the woods" etc?

Got the gun....now the setup? Question: Can a Comp-Tax holster for a Glock w/light attached be remolded and/modified to be used with my XDM 5.25. Not for competition. but for carrying "in the woods" etc?

Anything kydex holster can be bubbafied to some degree with a heat gun and some gloves. I would recommend just buying the proper holster, regardless of where you will be using the holster. After all, it is carrying a loaded gun and it should securely hold said gun on your person at all times.

Unfortunately, there is no Company currently producing such a Holster. I inquired to Bladetech and Comp-Tac. The response was that currently don't produce it and there was no suggestion as to a custom job. If the Companies were.willing, I would think they would had offered?