Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beginning to shoot USPSA

Nimitz

I'm sure this question has been asked before so feel freee to just provide a link but I'm getting ready to try my hand at these competitions and need a recommendation for a holster & mag pouches? I already have a good belt (2") that I used to use when I worked part-time for a security firm but the duty holster & mag pouches I have are not suitable for USPSA or IDPA ...

No worries, i'm still a noob as well.. :cheers:

What Gun?

USPSA..

DAA or Cr Speed Belt (get belt several sizes over your actual dress belt size)

Cr Speed versa pouches

Bladetech Holster

just google everything about with whatever gun your going to compete with... (example Bladetech Glock 17)

IDPA...

no clue, don't shoot idpa

I'm also in the same boat as you, kind of.

Not to steal your thread, but I'm also looking for gear as I'm new to the sport. I like the look of the DAA pouches, but for me to use them (1911), I would have to buy the adjusters, at $8/ea extra. It looks like the CR Speed pouches come with them in the price already, which is awesome.

Is there a distinct difference between them? Any reason to get one over the other? How is the retention adjustment, ease of use, etc. Same thing for the belts...any reason to order one or the other? I'm assuming I would be within the 2" rule?

I'm also looking for holster. Thanks for starting this thread!

Edited by polizei1

Switched to Ready Tactical mag pouches and they are great. If shooting Production or Single Stack, you will most often run 5 mags on your belt and the other pouches just take up to much room. The Ready Tactical take up less room. I add velcro on the inside of the pouches to help hold on to the inner belt (CR speed belt).

One thing on belts, remember that they must be secure at the waist. 5.2.3- ...The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops.

I did not remember the "either", anyone know how this is interpreted?

Edited by Tim/GA

since the Comptech website says their holster won't currently work with Gen 4 Golck 34s I think I'll be going with the Blade-tech holster. I need to do a little more research for mag pouches though ...

I just got my order yesterday. I got a CR Speed Belt, CR Speed mag holders, and a Blade-Tech SRB. Just quickly practicing my dryfire/draws/reloads, this gear is simply awesome. Everything stayed put and everything is very good quality. Reloads are much faster and smoother, and the holster has great retention. The best part is, everything is adjustable to your individual retention liking. I'm shooting SSD and I got the spacers with the CR Speed mag holders, worthwhile IMO. Much easier than trying to mess with the original spacers.