Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st in the division, but 2nd in overall?

Corey

So this has come up twice now recently and Im just wondering if its a phenomenon of how the scores actually line up or if there is an issue somewhere. First time happened to me a few weeks ago. I won the division (according to USPSA scores) by a couple match points. In the overall combined results, I was a spot or 2 behind the guy I beat in SS. :blink:

I do the scoring for my club's match and a shooter noticed the same thing happened between 2 other shooters. Shooter A finished ahead of Shooter B in divisional results that get posted, but the overall combined showed B ahead of A by a spot or two.

Problem of some kind or just a weirdo scoring quirk? :huh:

When scoring by division, you got the bonus of getting all the raw stage points assigned to you if you won that stage for that given division. It's a major boost to be the stage winner. When the combined scoring is done, somebody else (more likely in the Open division) gets the raw stage points boost. You and your other division mates just get factored points. So if you won the division just by a few points, those few points were due to the stage win boost, but you can't can't on those points for combined results to still give you the edge. This is why USPSA only recognized the division scores officially, and not combined results.

Sometimes the order of finish changes from the 'By Division' report andthe 'Combined' report. This is beacuse a different Stage High Hit Factor was used to calculate the stage points.

Chris Keen always includes that little message in the overall results page when he does our scores.

:blush: I knew it would be here somewhere but couldn't find anything.

Sometimes the order of finish changes from the 'By Division' report andthe 'Combined' report. This is beacuse a different Stage High Hit Factor was used to calculate the stage points.

Chris Keen always includes that little message in the overall results page when he does our scores.

I may borrow that as well. Might help confusion

Correct, all USPSA Ranges in AZ use this disclaimer as well.

Correct, all USPSA Ranges in AZ use this disclaimer as well.

It's automatically included in the "combined division" file report generated by EZWin. Chris can't take all the credit... ;)