Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That's wild. I had a friend who almost died in his sleep post MRI, due to some shrapnel he had (but didn't know about). The MRI moved it and nicked an artery leading to serious internal bleeding. Nearly killed by an NVA mortar 30+ years after it exploded.

Though watching that video it's a wonder something like that doesn't get ripped out of your body. Yikes.

Edited by cas

I went in for an MRI on Friday. They had me change into some kind of pajama robe outfit, and while I was sitting in a secondary waiting room a typical Texas soccer mom came storming in, ranting and raving. She was wearing the pajama pants, but was still wearing her regular blouse with her massive necklaces and earings. I think she had some clips in her hair as well. She was complaining that they only needed to examine her knee, and that she shouldn't have to take off her jewelry. I was thinking, "lady, I don't think you get how powerful those magnets are..."

I'm cited in a medical article where an MRI snatched a handgun out of someones hand.

And back in 2002, when I had a suspected kidney stone, I was so immobilized by pain the nurses had to strip me and man-handle (woman-handle?) me into the machine. Trust me, it wasn't nearly as fun as it might sound.

That's wild. I had a friend who almost died in his sleep post MRI, due to some shrapnel he had (but didn't know about). The MRI moved it and nicked an artery leading to serious internal bleeding. Nearly killed by an NVA mortar 30+ years after it exploded.

Though watching that video it's a wonder something like that doesn't get ripped out of your body. Yikes.

I am scheduled for an MRI next Tuesday. They have to check my eyes because I had brass and copper fragments surgically removed from them years ago after an M60 cookoff. They said it could be very bad news if there was anything left in there and I went into the tube.

Had mri a few years ago. My hand started to really hurt so they shut it down. Found metal in my hand from an injury. A splinter was in my palm for years the doc said. Never knew it was there until then.