Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best mag tube for 9 or 38s

z40acp

Bought a Caspian Hi Cap frame at Camp Perry this week. Want to build a 9mm or 38 super Limited fun gun. They seem to have 3 mags. Gary said the old style mag {which is either nickle or chromed} holds 19 and is best for 9mm. They had two of their new style with the Cape design base. They advertise 21 rounds in these. The 9mm had sides like a SV mag tube. The 38s had sides like a STI tube. Other than the sides, I did not see a difference. Do they use the same follower and are they interchangeable? Anyone have experience with either of these mags on their reliablity or what is the best follower/ spring/ base pad for max rounds? When I searched the Grams kits seemed to be the best at the time but only seen round counts for the .40's. Any helpful hints since these mags have been out for a while now?

Edited by z40acp

Hi,

I Love Caspain,

I had a man name of Roger Sando, Company nam, Metals Joining Co. out of Minnesota make my Hi-Caps for me. His number is 952-881-5118.

Good Luck!

I prefer the old mags for 9mm. They hold 19 (or 21 with the dimples milled out and the egw basepads) For the 170 mag I had jim anglin build me a mag which holds 29 or 30. The nice thing about how jim builds his 170s is that he converts the mag to use a dawson basepad.

I have the newer black shiney 38 super mags with the bigger base, mags look to be 140mm and hold 22 rounds of super 23 supercomp with gramms witness kits with one spring cut.