Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Primer cup mod ?

Welcome to the forums!

I think there is a separate thread on the 650 hints, tricks and tips, in that thread I think you will find that mod. I think it requires a .308 case necked up a bit them cut off then a hose is slipped over that. A dillon strong mount helps gain access to the underside of the press.

Welcome to the forums!

I think there is a separate thread on the 650 hints, tricks and tips, in that thread I think you will find that mod. I think it requires a .308 case necked up a bit them cut off then a hose is slipped over that. A dillon strong mount helps gain access to the underside of the press.

It uses a .223 brass with the base cut off. I did this for my 1050.

Here is what you want - read post #76

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584&st=50

I found the one with the 308 brass.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=584&st=100

Edited by RePete

Thanks guys ! I ran my first 1000 40sw off on my new 650 last weekend , I thought that this would be a handy mod if you were burning through a lot of cases at one time.

Thanks guys ! I ran my first 1000 40sw off on my new 650 last weekend , I thought that this would be a handy mod if you were burning through a lot of cases at one time.

There is a guy on eBay that sells a Dillon XL 650 spent primer 'upgrade' for around $20. At the heart of it is a very well made funnel & bracket that replaces the primer cup bracket. Then a tube feeds into their mounted jar - or in my case I used a longer tube going to a receptical on the floor. For me it beats a homemade solution. Of course YMMV.

Has anyone come up with a mod to the primer cup on the lines of a RCBS or Hornady with a flex tube feding to a 2 lt bottle on the floor ?

Yup. Roomate whipped this up out of nylon on a small CNC mill. If enough people are interested, he might be willing to make a small run of them.

IMG_20110726_162818.jpgIMG_20110726_162655.jpgIMG_20110726_162635.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday nite I saw on e-bay that ultramark(sp ?) is selling spent primer set up . I made mine with 1/8"brass ,JB weld ,a 7.62x 39mm case and 3' of 1/2 tubeing/20 oz pop bottle.

I use the 44 mag case like jmorris and run the tube to a coffee can under the bench.

That one is not mine but a friend wanted that setup. If you don't have a lathe, the 44 case can be chucked up in a 1/2" drill and the drill bit held in a vice.

I didn't have room under my bench so I just added a section of 1/2" box tube to the bracket so none could jump out.

primercup.jpg

pricup.jpg