Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We NEED a GOOD short range RIFLE TARGET...

OFF THE ORIGINAL TOPIC????????Mark, Short range rifle is what I want the polypro pipe for, the round will go through but should provide enough resistance to make it fall over.

the target doesn't NEED to be frangible, it just needs to be safe, and provide evidence of a hit to the shooter.

Oh!!!! if USPSA approved it then it must be "the answer"!!! :roflol:

Trapr

The poly pipe did not work reliably.

Did someone test it already?

Yes. I tested about 15 different materials (skipped the softballs) including 2 styles of polymer pipe.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about these

http://www.ghosttargets.com/

I saw them at a rifle match that they partly sponsored and they looked pretty neat.

Fairly cheap and a solid hit is pretty visible.

KurtM showed us those at SHOT. Even the large ones are pretty small. We get a case of Clays for $7.50 and can make 67 Clayoreos. For a target with about 30% of the surface area for about 4 times the price...not as budget friendly either.

Yes. I tested about 15 different materials (skipped the softballs) including 2 styles of polymer pipe.

that info would have been better than just saying, what was previously said!!!

As for being off meds,.......mr miller, don't start nuthin' and there won't be nuthin' :sight:

Trapr

Have you tried some of the more exotic sporting clay targets? I'm thinking the rabbit or the flash target. The Rabbit is thicker and harder. Seems like it would be more likely to break on impact. The flash target has a little pouch of dust. Haven't tried them yet myself.

I havent seen anyone comment on this... Has anyone tried flash targets? The flash target would be awesome if it works with rifle hits. Its also cheap and ready-made, so you dont have to spend time making clayoreos.

I recently started a local practical/tactical 2gun match on a range with no steel allowed...

As well as a lot of people in this thread, I've spent countless hours experiment with this for .223 and it's failure after failure.

It's like trying to turn lead into Gold.

I have only 2 ideas left I haven't tested. If they work I'll be freakin rich.