Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver training classes

No.343

How come I never see any revolver training classes advertised? I've even seen class announcements specify that they teach all divisions except revolver. Just because I consider Bubber a friend doesn't necessarily make me untrainable.

How come I never see any revolver training classes advertised? I've even seen class announcements specify that they teach all divisions except revolver. Just because I consider Bubber a friend doesn't necessarily make me untrainable.

You need to read his article at the 4wheelguns.com sight. You will learn a lot (not necessarily about how to shoot a revolver). I always thought he was a Roger, now, I know he is an arthur.

You need to read his article at the 4wheelguns.com sight. You will learn a lot (not necessarily about how to shoot a revolver). I always thought he was a Roger, now, I know he is an arthur.

I wish Roger would add to his Blog.

GREAT blog, with permission, I would like to add it to my ZSA site for others to enjoy.

GREAT blog, with permission, I would like to add it to my ZSA site for others to enjoy.

Roger's call.

I tried to add stuff but I ain't learned in the arts of ju ju majic. I do like your camera work for the steps on the cutting down the speedloaders. I also like the term bubberized but as I mentioned I learned form different shooters in Arizona and the guys were doing stuff along the same lines in California and Jon Richards mentioned that things were being done in Lousianna also. We just had no central place for the info, until Bob P. Thanx Bob. And John Z why not a link to 4wheelguns as there is a lot of revo info from others there. Just a thought. later rdd

How come I never see any revolver training classes advertised?

Frankly, because no one would attend. People don't shoot revolvers.

Yes, yes, I know, you do; I do. We're not enough to fill classes to make it anyone's worthwhile.

Yes, yes, I know, lots of folks own at least a J frame. Sure, but far more own autos, and those who do own Js, they don't actual shoot them anyway.

I would just like to mention that we're trying to set up a class for the Memphis Charity Challenge. It's still pending but I would be teaching a one-day class on Friday, morning dedicated to fundamentals and the afternoon dedicated to match skills.

Matt Griffin

At Chris C.'s match this Saturday I will be trying the new reload method. It is called the Randy Lee Apex Tactical Ninja Revo Reload. But Randy has warned me when trying that method make sure the Spasometer is off, or at least turned way down. Randy has stated that the method he has done equated to faster reloads. :ph34r: film at eleven.

Randy starte this method prior to the 2010 IRC and has been working on it....In Between the gun work at the shop. ETA a link for the reload...Ninja Randy later agin... rdd

Edited by Bubber

At Chris C.'s match this Saturday I will be trying the new reload method. It is called the Randy Lee Apex Tactical Ninja Revo Reload. But Randy has warned me when trying that method make sure the Spasometer is off, or at least turned way down. Randy has stated that the method he has done equated to faster reloads. :ph34r: film at eleven.

Randy starte this method prior to the 2010 IRC and has been working on it....In Between the gun work at the shop. ETA a link for the reload...Ninja Randy later agin... rdd

Is ICORE this Saturday? :surprise:

I better get my gun back together then huh? Hope I got enough ammo....And a cold front comes in.

Is ICORE this Saturday? :surprise:

I better get my gun back together then huh? Hope I got enough ammo....And a cold front comes in.

Shadowrider, why put it back together, it will just fall apart again? :roflol: . Not ICORE, Chris C. from McAlister not Chris G. from OKC. The McAlister match is a loosely formed IDPA/USPSA/ whatever type match. Chris keeps score but we never add em up and just give each other a bad time about how we shoot. A fun time. And the cold wave should hit Macky town about mid November. If you want to come down give us a holler and we will give you the instructions for the secret handshake that will get you in. Late rdd

I tried to add stuff but I ain't learned in the arts of ju ju majic. I do like your camera work for the steps on the cutting down the speedloaders. I also like the term bubberized but as I mentioned I learned form different shooters in Arizona and the guys were doing stuff along the same lines in California and Jon Richards mentioned that things were being done in Lousianna also. We just had no central place for the info, until Bob P. Thanx Bob. And John Z why not a link to 4wheelguns as there is a lot of revo info from others there. Just a thought. later rdd

Roger, I really enjoyed that article. I still have L frame/speedloader want to's. I think reading that got me one step closer! See ya at A4

I would just like to mention that we're trying to set up a class for the Memphis Charity Challenge. It's still pending but I would be teaching a one-day class on Friday, morning dedicated to fundamentals and the afternoon dedicated to match skills.

Matt Griffin

I had heard a rumor about that and hoped someone would verify it in this thread. I would enjoy taking a class from you especially since we are both lefties. I'm afraid to take a class right before the match because I'm afraid I'll try to think while I should be shooting. Any chance of a one day class on Sunday?

How come I never see any revolver training classes advertised?

Frankly, because no one would attend. People don't shoot revolvers.

Yes, yes, I know, you do; I do. We're not enough to fill classes to make it anyone's worthwhile.

Yes, yes, I know, lots of folks own at least a J frame. Sure, but far more own autos, and those who do own Js, they don't actual shoot them anyway.

I hear what you are saying. Do you think that if folks knew how to handle one a little better they might enjoy it more and shoot it more often? If Bubber and Waltermitty hadn't taken the time to teach me everything I know I wouldn't be shooting a revolver. Just saying.

Matt Griffin

I had heard a rumor about that and hoped someone would verify it in this thread. I would enjoy taking a class from you especially since we are both lefties. I'm afraid to take a class right before the match because I'm afraid I'll try to think while I should be shooting. Any chance of a one day class on Sunday?

Good question, that could work as well depending on what folks wanted.

Matt

I am going to Memphis, would love a class before the match. Need all the help I can get before the match.

Matt Griffin

Good question, that could work as well depending on what folks wanted.

Matt

I hear what you are saying. Do you think that if folks knew how to handle one a little better they might enjoy it more and shoot it more often? If Bubber and Waltermitty hadn't taken the time to teach me everything I know I wouldn't be shooting a revolver. Just saying.

I'm sure that would help, but I suspect it goes well beyond knowledge and experience. I think revolvers have an image problem.

There's nothing cool about a revolver. Until one really uses one. Then it's all cool.

I'm sure their popularity could improve greatly. Someday we may see double or triple the participation to, say, 20%. However, in the end they're still going to be the red-headed stepchild.

???

I'm sure that would help, but I suspect it goes well beyond knowledge and experience. I think revolvers have an image problem.

There's nothing cool about a revolver. Until one really uses one. Then it's all cool.

I'm sure their popularity could improve greatly. Someday we may see double or triple the participation to, say, 20%. However, in the end they're still going to be the red-headed stepchild.

???

I feel more like the drunken uncle... :cheers::roflol:

• 1 month later...

Clutch, I read somewhere that Matt is getting ready for the world shoot and had to forego the plans on the Revo Class at Mephis Charity Challenge. If I am wrong I will surley be corrected. But the MCC is a place to gets some skoolin, on the revo. (Bones made me say that). :sight: later rdd

I have been working with Matt and Sam to try and make this class happen - mostly because I need it. Currently I have reached out to Matt to determine if his new found World Class status will affect his ability to teach the class. I also am trying to finalize the facility details with Sam. Once all the details are in, it will be announced on BE.COM

Sorry guys, the delays setting up the class and the sudden opportunity to attend the World Shoot means the MCC class won't happen. I'm still interested in teaching classes but it would have to wait until 2012 when I have some more vacation time to spend. It's not like you can quit your day job in this sport.

Matt

Sorry guys, the delays setting up the class and the sudden opportunity to attend the World Shoot means the MCC class won't happen. I'm still interested in teaching classes but it would have to wait until 2012 when I have some more vacation time to spend. It's not like you can quit your day job in this sport.

Matt

You have a day job? Just kidding. See you at the MCC. Later rdd

Matt

You have a day job? Just kidding. See you at the MCC. Later rdd

Most of us do, Bubber. Not everybody knows your secret of making a small fortune in the cattle business