Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet casters....

Beladran

DSCF5119.jpg

I cast for my 610 in Revolver division. 193.6gr .401 with 3.9gr WST. It is the bullet in the center, as you can see it is sort of a hydlbrid between the shoulder of a TC and a true RN - also works well in long loaded guns but still fits in a standard chamber.

I cast 122gr TC 9mm for production and 3gun, but that is not as interesting

Lee

HBWC.jpg

140rn.jpg

A0-89.jpg

A0-88.jpg

A0-53.jpg

A0-56.jpg

bottom set of molds is his hollow points.. The cavity on those HP's are large enough to hide small animals in lol and he gives you five sided pins that will make the bullet mushroom out somewhat like a black talon. also you can turn the pins over and make FN solids.. so its like having three molds in one = )

I have fired lots of boolits in my 9x19s and .38 Supers, with comps and without.

The 9MM-124-CN 402 has been accurate. Shoot them as-cast and tumble-lubed in LLA. 8.2-8.6gn HS6 and 4.2-5.1gn Red Dot are accurate.

• 4 weeks later...

For 32 H&R I run a 100gr SWC with 5.0gr WSF. This load is not in a loading manual and has been worked up by a commercial manufacturer/reloader (myself). If you want to use it, it's on your dime; my company nor myself personally holds liability for your loading results. Use your head, don't be stupid. FOR RUGER REVOLVERS ONLY!!

For 9mm I run a 135gr Slippery Spitzer with 4.2gr WSF.

For 10mm I run a 220gr SWC I designed with 6.2gr WSF and a few others I won't post. I can run it from 800fps to 1150fps from a 4.25 inch 1911.

For 45 ACP I run a 230gr TC with 6.0gr WSF.

Can you tell I like WSF for lead?

For 9mm I have a couple of loads. I use the Lee 125 Gr. LRN for my 9mm 1911 and the Lee 124 gr Lead TC tumble lubed with a 45/45/10 mixture of Lee Alox / Johnston Paste Wax and Mineral spirits... I use 4.0 grains of Solo 1000 with both loads. I have recently purchased a Lyman 147 mold and hope to try it out soon with the idea of hopefully being able to use the same load reliably and accurately in both platforms.

For 45 acp. I use the Lee 230 Gr. LRN bullet tuble lubed with the same mixture with 3.8 gr. of Clays.

For 38 Sp (IDPA SSR) I use the Lee 158 gr LRN tumble lubed with 2.5 gr of Clays.

As always work your loads out starting small and check the pressures in your guns.

Hope this helps.

I built a few machines to take the work out of it. Not real "high speed low drag" looking but they work.

The caster is 8" pipe with a 3500 watt oven element wraped around it. The PID runs a solid state relay to control the temp. Two homemade 555 timers control the pour and cool down cycle times.

caster3.jpg

caster4.jpg

caster5.jpg

caster1.jpg

Edited by jmorris

The sizer is pneumatic and works like a childs gum ball machine picking up one bullet at a time and dropping it into the die as the ram activates. So I could use the same collator on a reloading press as well as my sizer, I added a "flipper" that takes the base down bullets and rotates them 180 so they will drop into the die nose down.

center.jpg

die.jpg

feeder1.jpg

Edited by jmorris